X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC rebooted lost devices

Hi,
    This morning my pc rebooted and I lost the interface port. I entered COM10, in the log it shows that everything is ok but I do not see any devices. How can I restore devices from the backup?

Thanks,
    Aldo

you need to restore the insteon.ini and your homeseer database
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark, the HSDatabase is homeseerdata.hsd correct?

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
        Hi Mark, the HSDatabase is homeseerdata.hsd correct?
        yes, that's it.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, you are fantastic, thanks.

Comment

You're welcome. glad its working again.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
              I have noticed that all the insteon devices are not being displayed in my hstouch, I need more time to figure out what is happening but I think I lost the "room" and hstouch can't find these devices any longer. Would it be possible to ease integrate a backup and restore in your app, I restored hs3 and only the devices below without success. It may take another few days to get all my hstouch devices working OK.

Thanks again for your patience.

Comment

turn on shadow copy or some sort of backup mechanism on your hs3 folder...

Shadow copy works great for me along with server2012r2's storage spaces for ultimate redundancy and tiered performance...

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                  Hi Mark,
                  I have noticed that all the insteon devices are not being displayed in my hstouch, I need more time to figure out what is happening but I think I lost the "room" and hstouch can't find these devices any longer. Would it be possible to ease integrate a backup and restore in your app, I restored hs3 and only the devices below without success. It may take another few days to get all my hstouch devices working OK.

Thanks again for your patience.
                  you should always restore the insteon.ini with the hs database from the same backup set so you know they are in sync.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Attached I've included how I've implemented Shadow copy on my Server 2012r2 for reference.

Hope it helps someone out there.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to you both, it resolved both issues. That saved me lot of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X