Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I/O Linc Functionality

Hi Mark,

I use an I/O Linc to change the state of a button on a keypad when the garage door is open. To my mind, that is a binary switch yet the plug-in seems to want to assign a numeric value from 0 to 100.

Is this correct? Is it possible to add an ON or OFF setting as well?

Thanks

Brian

0 & 100 are correct. 0 for Off, and 100 for On are somewhat legacy to be compatible with HS2

what do you mean by "Is it possible to add an ON or OFF setting as well?"
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Mark

I guess what I was asking about is that when you create an event that references the Input Sensor of the I/O Linc, the event test wants the user to select a range of values from "a to b" where really there are only 2 valid entries (0 & 100).

My suggestion for an ON & OFF choice was just an alternative to the "a to b" selection that the software gives today. I really like what you have implemented in the plug-in and thought that the range selection was more of an oversight than anything else. I was just trying to make things simpler.

Brian

Comment

i see what you mean. i need to add device values so you get On & off in the trigger definition.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

Brian,
          can you give this version a try. it should show on/off for the iolinc input sensor
          Attached Files
          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Morning Mark

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have downloaded and installed the new Plug-in. Existing Events upgraded smoothly and everything works as expected.

Thank you for your help.

Brian

Comment

thanks for the follow up
              Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
              X