Insteon Plugin won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Plugin won't work

Second months using HS3, Very new user. Had system working with HSInsteon plugin ver.
    1.0.0.9 on my system Hometroller-SEL ver. 3.0.0.152 (Linux) using the Smarthouse 2413U interface. Decided to upgrade to Insteon by Mark Sander ver. 3.0.5.10. Now all I get is error message;
    ** You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
    Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled.
    ** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
    Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in.

The old plugin worked on USB1 and I have an Aeon Labs Z-Stick on USB0. I set the interface port to COM1 and enabled ASCII comands in setup. Any help on what I am doing Wrong?

Doug,
    on linux the port names are a little different than on windows
    try /dev/ttyUSB1 for the PLM
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

I also cannot get the plugin working. I'm using HS3 3.0.152. I tried using plugin 3.0.10 and could not get it working. I moved to 3.0.11 and didn't get any further. I am using an ATEN USB to serial adapter, then a DB-9 to RJ45 cable. This creates COM4 on my machine.

I did try uninstalling an reinstalling the plugin and HS3.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jogentry; March 15, 2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jogentry View Post
        I also cannot get the plugin working. I'm using HS3 3.0.152. I tried using plugin 3.0.10 and could not get it working. I moved to 3.0.11 and didn't get any further. I am using an ATEN USB to serial adapter, then a DB-9 to RJ45 cable. This creates COM4 on my machine.

I did try uninstalling an reinstalling the plugin and HS3.
        did you enter COM4 on the plugin page?

please post the startup log
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Mark - Thanks works great now.

Comment

I did config COM4 on the plugin page when I was running 3.0.5.10. Now that I'm running 3.0.5.11, the plugin page isn't available at all. The plugin is enabled however only my non-Insteon plugins appear in the menu.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X