Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.20 Release (Windows & Linux)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.20 Release (Windows & Linux)

Version 3.0.5.20 is in the Updater. This version is Linux and Windows compatible.

Homeseer 3.0.0.152 is required for this version for the best experience with the plugin during programming.

Please post issues with this Release here:

Changes:
    - Changes to KPL support to prepare for new KPL fw changes (everything should be as it was)
    - Added support for X10 status requests
    - Added X10 event actions: all lights on & off
    - Added device values (on & off) to IOLinc sensor input
    - Issues with Light on at ramp rate event actions
    - Issues with HStouch and X10 device sliders
    - Modified the PLM Swap routine to decrease runtime (removed the reading links section)

To install:

Install from the Updater

or

1. Shutdown HS
    2. Backup your current hs database and config\insteon.ini
    3. Copy all the DLLs to the homeseer root folder (not the config folder)
    4. restart HS

Linux Info:

Use the following for the Port name:

/dev/ttyS0 is COM1
    /dev/ttyS1 is COM2

/dev/ttyUSB0 is USB

Do not attempt to set Port=USB in the insteon.ini. This is not supported on linux.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; March 19, 2015, 07:29 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Mark,

Does .20 include the fix for the outdoor module not creating a reporting link to HS?

Also, the updater is still showing 3.0.5.10 as the latest version available. I have restarted HS and clicked the Update Listing button on the plugin management page. Still only offers up 3.0.5.10. Not sure if the updater isn't working on the server end or if I've unknowingly screwed something up.
    Last edited by Zach; March 18, 2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
      Mark,

Does .20 include the fix for the outdoor module not creating a reporting link to HS?

Also, the updater is still showing 3.0.5.10 as the latest version available. I have restarted HS and clicked the Update Listing button on the plugin management page. Still only offers up 3.0.5.10. Not sure if the updater isn't working on the server end or if I've unknowingly screwed something up.
      HST is taking their time posting .20 to the Updater

the outdoor module changes should be there
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Getting an error trying to update from the updater...

Error unzipping C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Insteon3.0.5.20\HSPI_Insteon_3.0.5.20.zip, Wrong Local header signature: 0x4F44213C on line 0
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

there is a problem with the Updater files. I sent an email to HST. may not be resolved until Thurs 3/19
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            there is a problem with the Updater files. I sent an email to HST. may not be resolved until Thurs 3/19
            this issue has been resolved.

I just updated my own system via the Updater and it worked. You may get a plugin status error initially until the plugin restarts then everything should be ok.

i did not have disable the plugin, or restart hs3 to get this to work.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

What's up with the COM/USB in Linux?

Mark, I have been using Your Plugin for Homeseer for a longtime under HS3. I have always use /dev/ttyUSB0.

The notes on this page indicate that I cannot use that anymore? Why not? I have the USB based PLM.
              --> the linux plugin only supports the COM ports (physical or virtual). There is no USB port support <--

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
                Mark, I have been using Your Plugin for Homeseer for a longtime under HS3. I have always use /dev/ttyUSB0.

The notes on this page indicate that I cannot use that anymore? Why not? I have the USB based PLM.
                --> the linux plugin only supports the COM ports (physical or virtual). There is no USB port support <--
                I guess i need to reword this. The issues is that you can't use the native usb ftdi drivers. So only a virtual com port or physical are supported. I guess /dev/ttyUSB0 resolves to a virtual com port. is this correct?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I guess i need to reword this. The issues is that you can't use the native usb ftdi drivers. So only a virtual com port or physical are supported. I guess /dev/ttyUSB0 resolves to a virtual com port. is this correct?
                  I would have to say yes since it has been working since day one using /dev/ttyUSB0...

Comment

I just installed it and it works great

Comment

I getting this message in the startup log; not sure if it's significant or not but it said I should post it:

2015 04 04 10:36:12 ~!~Insteon~!~Scheduled polling temporarily stopped.
                      2015 04 04 10:36:12 ~!~Insteon~!~Reloading 66 Insteon device information tables...
                      2015 04 04 10:36:13 ~!~Insteon~!~An Insteon device of type 0400 was configured using the settings from the insteon.ini.
                      2015 04 04 10:36:13 ~!~Insteon~!~Please post this new device type in the forum so it can be permanently added to the plugin.
                      2015 04 04 10:36:13 ~!~Insteon~!~Note: This message will be eliminated once the device type is added to the plugin.
                      2015 04 04 10:36:14 ~!~Insteon~!~105 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon device database.
                      2015 04 04 10:36:14 ~!~Insteon~!~0 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon group database.
                      2015 04 04 10:36:14 ~!~Insteon~!~Scheduled polling resumed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Grant View Post
                        I getting this message in the startup log; not sure if it's significant or not but it said I should post it:

2015 04 04 10:36:12 ~!~Insteon~!~Scheduled polling temporarily stopped.
                        2015 04 04 10:36:12 ~!~Insteon~!~Reloading 66 Insteon device information tables...
                        2015 04 04 10:36:13 ~!~Insteon~!~An Insteon device of type 0400 was configured using the settings from the insteon.ini.
                        2015 04 04 10:36:13 ~!~Insteon~!~Please post this new device type in the forum so it can be permanently added to the plugin.
                        2015 04 04 10:36:13 ~!~Insteon~!~Note: This message will be eliminated once the device type is added to the plugin.
                        2015 04 04 10:36:14 ~!~Insteon~!~105 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon device database.
                        2015 04 04 10:36:14 ~!~Insteon~!~0 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon group database.
                        2015 04 04 10:36:14 ~!~Insteon~!~Scheduled polling resumed.
                        i don't recognize a 0400. did you recently add try to register a device that is unrecognized
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No way to Config Devices

Mark,
                          It has been quiet a while since I have had to do a fresh install, but after my server smoked last week, here I am trying it out again. I installed the plug-in no problem, configured the COM port saved the configuration. but there is no way for me to enter in the devices (thank god I had a recent print out). the only thing on the Config page is for the PLM, and a button to generate a support log file. am I missing something? Thanks.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Molvak View Post
                            Mark,
                            It has been quiet a while since I have had to do a fresh install, but after my server smoked last week, here I am trying it out again. I installed the plug-in no problem, configured the COM port saved the configuration. but there is no way for me to enter in the devices (thank god I had a recent print out). the only thing on the Config page is for the PLM, and a button to generate a support log file. am I missing something? Thanks.

Jan
                            can you enabled detailed logging, restart hs and post the startup log
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i don't recognize a 0400. did you recently add try to register a device that is unrecognized
                              No, it's been there all along but I hadn't noticed the startup error before, but then again, it may have been there all along. Here's the C&P from insteon.ini for this device...

[Device 32]
                              DeviceID=1C.E9.8B
                              DeviceName=Irrigation Zone Controller
                              DeviceLocation=Yard
                              DeviceType=0400
                              FirmwareVer=28
                              DatabaseDelta=0
                              LinksDownloaded=1
                              PollingInterval=0
                              Protocol=2
                              LastContact=4/3/2015 8:23:32 PM
                              RecentDatabaseDelta=0