Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.20 Release (Windows & Linux)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill Grant View Post
    No, it's been there all along but I hadn't noticed the startup error before, but then again, it may have been there all along. Here's the C&P from insteon.ini for this device...

[Device 32]
    DeviceID=1C.E9.8B
    DeviceName=Irrigation Zone Controller
    DeviceLocation=Yard
    DeviceType=0400
    FirmwareVer=28
    DatabaseDelta=0
    LinksDownloaded=1
    PollingInterval=0
    Protocol=2
    LastContact=4/3/2015 8:23:32 PM
    RecentDatabaseDelta=0
    TotalInteractions=13
    FailedInteractions=3
    HopData=16,0,15,1
    NumLinks=2
    Link 1=E2 01 1E 47 19 FF 1F 01 1
    Link 2=A2 FE 1E 47 19 FF 1F 01 2
    SyncLinkedDevices=1
    [0400]
    DeviceDescription=Device Type 0400
    CanRespond=1
    CanDim=0
    HasLocalControl=1
    NumGroups=1
    GroupName1=Load
    my plugin doesn't have native support for this device. if its doing what you need, then don't worry about the warning. Otherwise there is a custom plugin (search the forum) for this device that works with these devices
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, it's working just fine. I will disregard the warning. Thanks.

Comment

Is it still recommended to use HS3 3.0.0.152 with this Insteon 3.0.5.20 update? I see they released HS3 3.0.0.181 (windows) in late May and I need to do a significant HS3 upgrade (from HS3 3.0.0.96) and would like to be as compatible as possible.

Thanks!
        Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
          Is it still recommended to use HS3 3.0.0.152 with this Insteon 3.0.5.20 update? I see they released HS3 3.0.0.181 (windows) in late May and I need to do a significant HS3 upgrade (from HS3 3.0.0.96) and would like to be as compatible as possible.

Thanks!
          Nathan
          i haven't tested .181

just make a backup of everything is case something goes south

hs db & insteon.ini are important to the insteon plugin
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I used Oracle Virtual Box to create and run a Debian 8.1.0 VM on top of my Windows 7 HS3 dev box. I was able to use the Virtual Box to map the USB PLM (was on windows COM6) and when Debian mounted it, it showed up as /dev/ttyUSB0 and I was able to successfully use that. I believe Virtual Box has it's own USB driver used for this mapping so maybe that explains why this works.

I initially copied over my insteon.ini from my Windows 7 HS3 test machine and just updated the port. When I installed and started 3.0.5.20, it complained about no port. After looking at what it created, I saw the issue. It created Insteon.ini (uppercase I) not insteon.ini. I stopped the plugin, deleted the new one, moved my lowercase insteon.ini to Insteon.ini and edited the port to /dev/ttyUSB0. When it came up my handful of test Insteon devices worked with HS3. Cool.

I did notice one warning after I begain using this plugin on Linux:
            12:00:02:8841:[Warning]->File does not exist: /opt/homeseer/HomeSeer/html/images/HomeSeer/5-x-5_trans_spacer.gif

But I did see the installer claimed it installed that file
            11:43:01:5161:[Updater]->Starting download of updates
            11:43:01:5165:[Updater]->Downloading update: Insteon
            11:43:02:2622:[Updater]->Update HSPI_Insteon.exe downloaded successfully
            11:43:02:2651:[Updater]->Installing package Insteon
            11:43:02:3448:[Updater]->Copying file: \opt\homeseer\HomeSeer\HSPI_Insteon.exe
            11:43:02:3462:[Updater]->Copying file: \opt\homeseer\HomeSeer\Insteon.dll
            11:43:02:3529:[Updater]->Copying file: \opt\homeseer\HomeSeer\FTD2XX_NET.dll
            11:43:02:3536:[Updater]->Making dir: \opt\homeseer\HomeSeer\html\images\homeseer\
            11:43:02:3555:[Updater]->Copying file: \opt\homeseer\HomeSeer\html\images\homeseer\5-x-5_trans_spacer.gif
            11:43:02:3599:[Updater]->Making dir: \opt\homeseer\HomeSeer\Scripts\
            11:43:02:3602:[Updater]->Copying file: \opt\homeseer\HomeSeer\Scripts\Insteon_ExtDevSupport_Sample. vb
            11:43:02:3607:[Updater]->Install/Update of package Insteon was successful.

so that prompted me to go exploring

I think this may be another issue with case-sensitivity on Linux. See the lowercase homeseer dir below with a timestamp matching the plugin install.

root@debianvm:/opt/homeseer/HomeSeer/html/images# ls -alF | grep -i homeseer
            drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 13 11:43 homeseer/
            drwxr-xr-x 4 nathan nathan 4096 Nov 21 2014 HomeSeer/

root@debianvm:/opt/homeseer/HomeSeer/html/images# ls -alF homeseer
            total 12
            drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 13 11:43 ./
            drwxr-xr-x 14 nathan nathan 4096 Jun 13 11:43 ../
            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 45 Feb 8 2007 5-x-5_trans_spacer.gif

similar issue with scripts vs Scripts but this time the all lowercase scripts seems to be what HS3 wants:

root@debianvm:/opt/homeseer/HomeSeer# ls -alF | grep -i scripts
            drwxr-xr-x 2 nathan nathan 4096 Nov 21 2014 scripts/
            drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 13 11:43 Scripts/

root@debianvm:/opt/homeseer/HomeSeer# ls -alF Scripts
            total 24
            drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 13 11:43 ./
            drwxr-xr-x 19 nathan nathan 4096 Jun 13 11:43 ../
            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15576 Feb 3 2007 Insteon_ExtDevSupport_Sample.vb

Thanks for all your hard work on this Mark!

Next step for me is to try my Insteon Thermostat plugin and see how much work I need to do to make it Linux compatible.

Nathan
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
            Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Nathan,
              the case sensitivity is going to be an issue i may not be able to resolve. if for some reason the case is different in the OS than what i have set in the plugin then there is going to be a problem.

do i just need to publish the name conventions I'm expecting?

suggestions welcome.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I just hit the same issue with my Insteon Thermostat plugin with the file Install.txt Kinda an important one. Apparently Linux is expecting all lowercase install.txt while windows doesn't give a bleep. Since that kept me from even installing my plugin I had to address it by adjusting the file I included in my plugin zip distro to just install.txt.

I only saw those two examples with your distribution. I think if you make the target directories match, case-wise, with what the Linux version of HS3 expects then it'll work in both Linux and Windows.

Nathan
                HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I just hit the same issue with my Insteon Thermostat plugin with the file Install.txt Kinda an important one. Apparently Linux is expecting all lowercase install.txt while windows doesn't give a bleep. Since that kept me from even installing my plugin I had to address it by adjusting the file I included in my plugin zip distro to just install.txt.

I only saw those two examples with your distribution. I think if you make the target directories match, case-wise, with what the Linux version of HS3 expects then it'll work in both Linux and Windows.

Nathan
                  Doesn't this assume the user doesn't change the default HS3 naming convention? i already ran into this with one linux user and thought i had this all worked out in my latest ver. although i don't recall the Insteon.ini being an issue
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I am only referring to those files you distribute with your plugin and the directories they need to go into, namely the two issues I pointed out above. They should all be relative to wherever the user is running HS3 from on their Linux box.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by default naming convention, can you please describe?
                    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Nathan,
                      i thought hs3 set some of the folder names with mixed case like
                      "\images\HomeSeer"
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Right. What I'm saying is in your install.txt, the last two lines look like:

Code:

5-x-5_trans_spacer.gif,.\html\images\homeseer,16
                        Insteon_ExtDevSupport_Sample.vb,.\Scripts,16
                        if you change them slightly to

Code:

5-x-5_trans_spacer.gif,.\html\images\[COLOR=red]H[/COLOR]ome[COLOR=red]S[/COLOR]eer,16
                        Insteon_ExtDevSupport_Sample.vb,.\[COLOR=red]s[/COLOR]cripts,16
                        Then I believe your plugin will install those two items correctly for Linux HS3 as well as Windows HS3. Right now on Linux it ends up creating new directories and you files are the only thing in them which I don't think is what you want.

I had even one further problem in that I used Install.txt instead of install.txt so until I fixed that I couldn't even get my plugin to install on Linux.

Nathan
                        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Right. What I'm saying is in your install.txt, the last two lines look like:

Code:

5-x-5_trans_spacer.gif,.\html\images\homeseer,16
                          Insteon_ExtDevSupport_Sample.vb,.\Scripts,16
                          if you change them slightly to

Code:

5-x-5_trans_spacer.gif,.\html\images\[COLOR=red]H[/COLOR]ome[COLOR=red]S[/COLOR]eer,16
                          Insteon_ExtDevSupport_Sample.vb,.\[COLOR=red]s[/COLOR]cripts,16
                          Then I believe your plugin will install those two items correctly for Linux HS3 as well as Windows HS3. Right now on Linux it ends up creating new directories and you files are the only thing in them which I don't think is what you want.

I had even one further problem in that I used Install.txt instead of install.txt so until I fixed that I couldn't even get my plugin to install on Linux.

Nathan
                          ok, i'll make these changes in my next package and we'll see what happens. I'm sure this break someone else's install
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Those directories I'm pointing to come right from the HS3 Linux tar distribution. I'm not sure how or why someone else would customize/change these from there? Once your next update is out I'll plan to test under Linux again. Just trying to help

Nathan
                            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              my plugin doesn't have native support for this device. if its doing what you need, then don't worry about the warning. Otherwise there is a custom plugin (search the forum) for this device that works with these devices
                              This device is the EZFlora Model #5010A. While I can link it to an eight-button keypad, I can't control it from HS3.

Comment

hurry4it writes a custom plugin for the EZFlora

http://store.homeseer.com/store/EZFl...HS3-P1676.aspx

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1113
                                HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
                                X