Event Action Delay???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Action Delay???

Been putting HS3 off for some time now and over the last days been trying too get everything up and running.

One thing I noticed, was that with the stock HS3 device action "Control a Device", you can add a delay until that action is executed.

But when I try and use the Insteon Special Command " Light On Ramp Rate", it won't allow me to include a delay or wait for X time value.

My objective is simple to get the lights to start rampling down after a period of time.

Is this possible or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Charlie
    Last edited by CharlieWayne; March 23, 2015, 12:05 AM. Reason: Typo
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
    Been putting HS3 off for some time now and over the last days been trying too get everything up and running.

One thing I noticed, was that with the stick HS3 device action "Control a Device", you can add a delay until that action is executed.

But when I try and use the Insteon Special Command " Light On Ramp Rate", it won't allow me to include a delay or wait for X time value.

My objective is simple to get the lights to start rampling down after a period of time.

Is this possible or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Charlie
    That would probably be a feature of the Insteon plug-in. Which one are you using?

Comment

Sandler's Insteon Plugin Ver.: 3.0.5.20

Made a typo above and wrote stick instead of stock in the 2nd paragraph.
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
        Sandler's Insteon Plugin Ver.: 3.0.5.20

Made a typo above and wrote stick instead of stock in the 2nd paragraph.
        I may be wrong, but it might be something that needs to be added to his plug-in. You might put in a help request in his forum.

Comment

i would use the built-in 'wait' action before the insteon action.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
          Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Excellent and Thank You Both.

Charlie

Comment

Mark, is it possible to incorporate a delay action into each device action? ( this is a feature request)

The reason is, I'm following Randy's publication on "Motion Controlled Events" and it as with others seems Dependant of creating "delayed action events". Without this, I'm not sure how to stop events that are in their "wait" count down.

If this request is not do able, maybe can Randy include some examples in that specific event clinic? http://67.217.100.102/showthread.php?t=172120

Thank you booth for your wonderful contributions.

Charlie

Comment

Charlie,
                I haven't done this myself, but I think you can do this by using a delay on the "Run Another Event" action

And there is another action called 'cancelled delay action' which you can trigger when necessary.

hope this helps
                Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
                X