X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Action

Hey Mark,

Having issues with using a Insteon Special Action "Insteon: Light on at ramp rate".

When I select this action, it won't allow me to enter any devices. If I use the HS action "control a device" there is no issue but ramp rates can't be performed. The error within the action when its collapsed, reads "Device reference not found!".

Running version 3.0.5.20 from the HS downloaded.

Any thoughts.?

Charlie
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Do note that older dimmers do not support this action and won't appear in the list.

Comment

are you getting a list of i2 dimmers that you can select from?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Here's just an example of one I'm trying to pick. When I try to chose it, the device won't stay chosen.

I haven't tried many devices, and here's one example device.

"" Game Room Cabnet Pot Lights 25.3A.3C Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 410 i2CS 52% (11877 failed out of 24659 cmds) 11871504634 Excellent""
        PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

In another incident, I created an event with many of the same special Insteon dim actions and all was good during the creation. The next day I realized the event never fired (outdoor lights @ sundown) and looked at the event to find all the action devices read "Device Reference Not Found". A simple restart of your plugin made the devices visible, and a manual trigger of the event confirmed it worked as written (well the action side at least).

Charlie

Comment

Charlie,
            I'm not sure what's going on here.

the "Device Reference Not Found" means that the plugin can't find the device (by using the dv.ref value) that was originally configured in the action.

the next time you see the "Device Reference Not Found" in the definition, see if you can still manually run the actions
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ive mentioned two different cases of this issue.

One was after the event was created and a restart of the plugin resolved that (at least temporary) and the other case it happened was during the creation of an event which lead to the thread.

I was able to complete the create of this event using the special Insteon dim actions, simple by adding a new blank action to the event, then deleting the action that would not allow me to input the specific device. On the new action line the device stayed chosen and event creation was normal.

If it happens again, I'll try running it normally.

Also, not sure if its related but posted some errors with my Insteon Tstat not communicating with your plugin. Seems like after a restart of that plugin, all runns well. Here's that thread if these issues may be related.
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...13#post1169713

Charlie

Comment

Charlie,,
                can you update your sig with the version of HS3 that you are running. it might be related
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Updated.

Comment

please post a screen shot if you have this issue again. thanks
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X