Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this plug-in support receiving X-10 commands?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this plug-in support receiving X-10 commands?

I have a powerflash module connected to my doorbell.
    When the doorbell rings it sends an X-10 signal.

On my HS2 it would detect the X-10 ON and send me a text that my doorbell rang.

On HS3 it appears to do nothing.

I've hooked my PCC Multi-Tester up and I see the X-10 being transmitted.

I have "Enable X-10" checked in the plugin and can control X-10 devices.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
    Jay

what version are you running? and can you post a screen shot of the event trigger you are trying to use
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I've added the HS3 version to my signature.

The Insteon Plug-in version is: 3.0.5.20

Here is the trigger I'm attempting to use:

Comment

Jay,
        that all looks good. Two more things to check/try:

1. Enable detailed logging in the plugin. then activate D8 and see if the plugin captures the inbound x10 msg. If the plugin doesn't see the msg, it can't trigger the event.

2. test the trigger with an x10 keypad that is plugged in next to the plm

this might just be a noise issue blocking the D8 msg
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

So, I enabled the detailed logging in the plug-in.
          Sent multiple X-10 codes via an X-10 Keypad plugged into the next plug next to the 2413U and it received nothing.
          The PowerFlash module is plugged into a non-surge / non-filtered powerstrip next to the 2413U.

This is the exact hardware setup from my HS2 setup which worked perfectly every time.
          I've tried a v1.5 and v2.0 2413U and both produce no results.

*****************UPDATE***************************

In the process of swapping the 2413U hardware (in the plugin) from the v1.5 device back to v.2.0 device it started receiving X-10 commands, however they aren't consistent.

The first time I rang the door bell I got: D8
          No ON

The second time I rang the door bell I got: D On
          No number

When I put my AT004 PCC Multi-Tester on the line I consistently get "D8 ON" from the PowerFlash Module

First Ring:
          Mar-31 7:42:58 PM Insteon Processing Received X10 Command: D Off
          Mar-31 7:42:58 PM Insteon PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x52 (Raw X10 Rec):A3 80
          Mar-31 7:42:58 PM Insteon Processing Received X10 Address: D8
          Mar-31 7:42:58 PM Insteon PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x52 (Raw X10 Rec):AD 00
          Mar-31 7:42:55 PM Napco Gemini Status event received: C2, 0, 4 (Family Room Motion): Zone Closed
          Mar-31 7:42:50 PM Napco Gemini Status event received: C0, 15, 4 (Family Room Motion): Zone Opened
          Mar-31 7:42:48 PM TTS Speak ():Front Door!
          Mar-31 7:42:48 PM Event Event Trigger "Security Events Front Door"
          Second Ring:
          Mar-31 7:55:00 PM weatherXML Run timer items
          Mar-31 7:54:23 PM Napco Gemini Status event received: C0, 15, 5 (Utility Room Door): Zone Opened
          Mar-31 7:54:15 PM Napco Gemini Status event received: C2, 0, 1 (Front Door): Zone Closed
          Mar-31 7:54:07 PM Insteon Processing Received X10 Command: D On
          Mar-31 7:54:07 PM Insteon PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x52 (Raw X10 Rec):A2 80
          Mar-31 7:54:00 PM TTS Speak ():Front Door!
          Mar-31 7:54:00 PM Event Event Trigger "Security Events Front Door"

Thanks again for your help and any ideas you have.

Thanks,
          Jay
          Last edited by DigitalMatrix; March 31, 2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Jay,
            This all looks good. X10 cmds arrive in two parts: 1. address (eg. D8), and 2. cmd (eg. D
            On). the plugin logs them independently.

you're Multi-Tester is just putting the two pieces together

I'll test your specific D8 On to see if i get the trigger to fire
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Excellent. Thank you for the two part explanation!

I will play with it more this evening when I get home.

Thanks again!
              Jay

Comment

I just retested D8 On and D8 Off and they work

you should see entries in the hs log like the following if you have have debug logging:

Apr-01 7:28:42 PM Insteon Firing D8 On
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I'm back to getting nothing in the logs.
                  Under "Debug" and under "Detailed".

I'm going to abandon this configuration and order an Insteon Doorbell Kit.

Thanks again for your time and replies!
                  Jay

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalMatrix View Post
                    Thanks for your reply.

I'm back to getting nothing in the logs.
                    Under "Debug" and under "Detailed".

I'm going to abandon this configuration and order an Insteon Doorbell Kit.

Thanks again for your time and replies!
                    Jay
                    I understand. X10 has a way of becoming unreliable as the insteon network gets bigger/stronger.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yea... It's time I move away from X-10 as much as possible anyway.

I really believe the issue is with the USB module and Windows 8.1 drivers (HS2 was Windows XP).

Love your plug-in and all it can do! Keep up the great work!

Thanks again for everything!
                      Jay

Comment

I need to maintain X10 as I live in the UK and to date the release of Insteon products for the UK is poor.
                        However I some issues with using this plugin for X10 and so kept an X10 interface and use the X10 plugin.
                        So far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                          I need to maintain X10 as I live in the UK and to date the release of Insteon products for the UK is poor.
                          However I some issues with using this plugin for X10 and so kept an X10 interface and use the X10 plugin.
                          So far so good.
                          Can you tell me the following?

1) Which X-10 Interface are you using?
                          2) Which X-10 HS3 Plug-in are you using?
                          3) Does your X-10 Interface / Plug-in setup support receiving X-10 commands?

Thanks,
                          Jay

Comment

CM12A
                            X10 3.0.0.35
                            Yes

Comment

I have the same question. I have a bunch of old X10 motion detectors, and they actually worked pretty well using my StarGate. I'm not seeing any X10 reception using Mark's plug-in with X10 enabled, and the correct House Code and Unit Code set.

Since this is the first time I've tried using X10 through Mark's plug-in, I'm not 100% sure I've set it up right. I see no insteon address, but the house and unit code are present in device setup inside the plugin.

BTW, yes, I still have the X10 receivers on in the same places, so I know the motion detectors are transmitting because I can see the traffic on the StarGate log.
                              Last edited by dzee; April 4, 2015, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X