Allow custom status text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow custom status text?

I'm moving up from X10 to Insteon, and after struggling with the built-in HS Insteon Plug-In, I'm trying out yours. I can certainly see why it's a popular choice!

I'm running into two problems, though, that I hope you can tell me how to fix or change in a future version:

1. Changing the labels for the status text ("Activate" instead of "On", for example, on a Momentary A relay) on my relay devices (from I/O Lincs) causes the controls to not function. Controlling devices should be based on values, not text labels.

2. Every time I save any device, all my custom text on my status devices (also from I/O Lincs) is reset to "On" and "Off" (vs. "Open" or "Closed" for my garage door sensors).

Is there something I can do to be able to have your plugin honor my text instead of forcing me to use "On" and "Off"?

currently the plugin does not support changing the text status values...this is a legacy issue to maintain compatibility with HS2. I haven't resolved it.

you can always create custom hs devices with your custom values that will trigger the base insteon device
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
    X