Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to use local ramp rate when remotely triggered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to use local ramp rate when remotely triggered?

Hello,

I have a few 3 and 4 way switch setups in my house. I link 'dummy' switches to the 'load' switch, in both directions, and I can turn the light on and off from either switch with all switches responding to the status change, but only the switch with the load will use the local ramp rate.

I also have a KaypadLinc button controlling another switch with the load, and same issue there. The keypad button turns the light on instantly and the switch carrying the load uses it's programmed .5 sec ramp rate.

Is there any way to always use the local ramp rate when turning on the load switch from remote switches or controllers?

Perhaps I linked them incorrectly? The switches are the old ICON line and I linked them by holding the on for about 10 sec until the LED flashes, then doing the same on the 2nd switch. Then I do that again but start w/ the switch I was just at. Make sense? Is that correct?

The KeypadLinc in question is a brand new one but it's controlling another ICON dimmer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

local ramp rate is only used when controlling a device directly. You must set the ramp rate on the responder link when creating the link from the controller. this can be done manually (see the manual) or by using the plugin and set the ramp rate and on level when creating the link
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Fantastic! Thank you! I've only deleted links via your plugin before and that was years ago. I didn't know you could create links like that via your plugin until now. That's way easier!
      HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
      X