This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon use

I currently bought the hometroller z because i was hoping to control my existing x10 and insteon products. I am disappointed because I don't feel the website was clear that i would need extra attachments or software. Can anyone gi eme the options to get x10 and insteon working for not too high a price?

Rkshack

if you use my insteon plugin, you can do x10 and insteon together with one controller like the PLM
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Can you post a link for the plm?

Comment

PLM:
        http://www.smarthome.com/powerlinc-m...dual-band.html

there is a usb version as well
        http://www.smarthome.com/powerlinc-m...dual-band.html

all that said, x10 via these controllers isn't the best.

if you need serious x10 support, you should look for a dedicated x10 controller; there are several free x10 plugins. search for the plugins and find the compatible hw.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Zee does not permit the installation of plug-ins other than the ones that HomeSeer sells with it -- z-wave, Insteon, and X-10. I.e., you cannot use third party plug-ins with the Zee.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
            I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Zee does not permit the installation of plug-ins other than the ones that HomeSeer sells with it -- z-wave, Insteon, and X-10. I.e., you cannot use third party plug-ins with the Zee.
            I understand from Rich, its really just a matter of building a dll plugin for the Zee. I haven't done this yet, but my Insteon plugin is Linux compatible, so i should be able to do this with a little guidance from Rich.

Just trying to provide a little hope
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              I understand from Rich, its really just a matter of building a dll plugin for the Zee. I haven't done this yet, but my Insteon plugin is Linux compatible, so i should be able to do this with a little guidance from Rich.

Just trying to provide a little hope
              So as I understand your plug in is $59. That is a little expensive for me to not be sure it is going to work. If your plug in is not an option what devices will work with the homeseer default plug in.

Comment

Originally posted by rkshack View Post
                So as I understand your plug in is $59. That is a little expensive for me to not be sure it is going to work. If your plug in is not an option what devices will work with the homeseer default plug in.
                i think hst posted a list in the other forum for devices they support
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So i found the plug in in the store. It says it is compatible with 2413u. So that should work for me if I use the built in plug in or would try to use yours correct?

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    i think hst posted a list in the other forum for devices they support
                    Which other forum?

Comment

Originally posted by rkshack View Post
                      Which other forum?
                      http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1191
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

This post has a list of the supported devices

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166457

Chris

Comment

Guys,
                          quick update to close the loop

As mentioned, the current Zee doesn't support installing plugins. HST is working on a Zee S2 which will allow installing plugins like any other HS3 installation.

hope this helps.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

2413u not workin

I can not seem to get my 2413u that I just bought to work. I have put a message in the forum but no replies as of yet. Any suggestions where I should look?

Comment

Working...
                            X