Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TriggerLinc Not Showing in IFTTT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    TriggerLinc Not Showing in IFTTT

    First of all, kudos for having IFTTT trigger support for Insteon devices; already finding great uses tying a Keypadlinc button to an IFTTT action :-)

    I noticed that my TriggerLincs are not showing up in the IFTTT device dropdown (for a device-on/off trigger to start an action). Is it possible to add support for this? I have a TriggerLinc for my garage door, and it would be great to send an iOS notification if it's open (without having to do the virtual device workaround).

    Thanks!

    #2
    Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
    First of all, kudos for having IFTTT trigger support for Insteon devices; already finding great uses tying a Keypadlinc button to an IFTTT action :-)

    I noticed that my TriggerLincs are not showing up in the IFTTT device dropdown (for a device-on/off trigger to start an action). Is it possible to add support for this? I have a TriggerLinc for my garage door, and it would be great to send an iOS notification if it's open (without having to do the virtual device workaround).

    Thanks!
    Do you have v .165 of HS installed and if you do, do you have the "Control Use" fields set in the Status Text section of the Status Graphics tab of the TriggerLincs?

    See this post for a screenshot

    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=87

    If those are not set, set them and you should see the device show up in IFTTT
    cheeryfool

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      Do you have v .165 of HS installed and if you do, do you have the "Control Use" fields set in the Status Text section of the Status Graphics tab of the TriggerLincs?

      See this post for a screenshot

      http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=87

      If those are not set, set them and you should see the device show up in IFTTT
      That did not work.

      The TriggerLincs are originally status-only devices. To get the "Control Use" field to show up, I had to edit them to so that the "Status-control" is now "both" instead of "status".

      With that change, I was able to get it to show up in IFTTT, and I was able to create a recipe. However, I can't get the recipe to trigger.

      Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
        That did not work.

        The TriggerLincs are originally status-only devices. To get the "Control Use" field to show up, I had to edit them to so that the "Status-control" is now "both" instead of "status".

        With that change, I was able to get it to show up in IFTTT, and I was able to create a recipe. However, I can't get the recipe to trigger.

        Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.
        Can you post a screenshot of how the Control Use fields look now for one of these devices?
        cheeryfool

        Comment

        Working...
        X