This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead I/O Link 2450

It seems I have a partially dead 2450 I/O Link.

It was wired to control my garage door opener (to simulate the manual button push) on my old HS2 system. I used a Z-Wave door sensor to detect if the door went up or down and that was installed before the I/O Link.

About 2 months ago I moved the I/O Link to my HS3 system (only a few more to go .. yeah). My Z-Wave garage door sensor has started to be flaky (my most distant sensor) so I decided to use the contact sensor input on the I/O Link to sense the door. I wired it up with a magnetic switch and the little green LED worked correctly when the door went up or down but I could NOT communicate with the I/O Link to see the door sensor settings in HS3.

After some fiddling I believe the unit is partially dead. I could not send any relay closure commands to run the door up or down. I decided to remove it from HS3 and re-add it but I could not re-add it because it seems it will not communicate. I tried entering the unit ID code and doing Tap Add but neither worked.

I have a second I/O Link for a different application and I noticed the LED on the side of the garage unit did not ever illuminate. The other I/O link works fine.

Are these units un-reliable? I had it a few years and it did work until a few weeks after the move to HS3 (which I am sure is unrelated). The electrical outlet in the garage also has a transformer plugged in to it that controls some landscape lighting and a low voltage wire runs buried (although shallow) along the drive way for nearly 50 feet. This landscape lighting was added about 5 months ago.

Do you suppose lightning got it? I am not aware of any close by direct hits but we have had some storms in the past few months. The transformer has a built in electronic timer to turn the lights on and off and it still works OK.

I am curious about others experience with reliability.

Thanks.

have you tried a factory reset on the iolinc to see if that will revive it?

I've had one in my garage for more than 3 years without issue.

but all these devices are susceptible to surges, heat, etc. Everyone's mileage will vary. I've not seen a lot of posts related to the iolinc being unreliable.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Factory Reset - No Go

Thanks for the reply.

I tried a factory reset (after receiving and setting up a new unit successfully) but it did not help. It appeared to reset based on the beeping but when it is done the unit still will not add to HS3.

If I hold the button to Tap Add it never beeps.

It must be partially dead and some of the chips still work.

It does have a 2 year warranty and I am looking to see if I can maybe get a replacement and then I will have a spare.

Comment

yah, a replacement sounds like the solution.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X