X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older KeypadLinc button not responding correctly to group commands

Hello,

I have an older KeypadLinc V2 Dimmer with firmware 2C in 8-button configuration. I have an Insteon group that includes the A/Load button and the H button. The group is programmed to turn both of these buttons off. So, when I turn the group on, both buttons should go off. When I turn the group off, both buttons should also go off, correct? However, button H does not. Even though it is set to off in the group, it goes ON when the group is turned on, and OFF when the group goes off. If I change the group programming to turn button H On, it goes on when the group goes on and off when the group goes off, as expected. If I remove button H from the group, it does nothing when the group goes on and off, as expected.

This keypad was from my last home. I factory reset it before and tap-adding it to HS3. I had to tap-add at the time because the address sticker fell off.

On the device configuration page for this keypad, I see buttons for "Program Button Modes" and "Program Button Groups" but there are no fields next to the button "Custom Device Name" fields like my other keypad configuration screens have. Pressing one of these buttons shows there was a problem updating.

Could there be an issue with the plugin for these older KeypadLincs?

If not, how can I troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks!
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

you are correct in that if you set H to Off in the group definition, it should turn off when the group turns on or off

have you tried including a different btn (other than H) in the group and see how it responds?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply, Mark. I just added button B to the group and set it to Off, and it reacts the same as button H.

As with the H button, the B button's link reads correctly before and after "Read Device Links and Settings"

Link #22 Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #10 Registered Group #2 'House All Off' - Command: Off

Since the load button (button A) acts correctly could this somehow be related to button toggle mode?

Any ideas?
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

button toggle mode only affect local/direct control of the btn. it doesn't need to be changed for groups

what about a different KPL with btn H?

is this an i1 or i2 KPL?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

It's an i1 device.

I don't have my other older KeypadLinc installed yet, but the newer 2487s that I tested (firmware: 41, protocol: i2CS) worked as it should when adding button H to the group and setting it to Off.

Comment

i don't have an i1 kpl to try it myself.

how about this test... a single link from a switchlinc to the H btn using the same Off cmd on the H btn

btw that plugin ver are you running?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'm running 3.0.5.20.

I created a single link via your plugin for a nearby switchlinc and set button H as the responder, set to off. After programming was completed, the link read like this for the switchlinc:

Link #7 Switch/Load controls Master Bedroom Tabletop Keypad Button H (05.8A.7E)

It read like this on the keypad:

Link #23 Button H is controlled by Master Bedroom Fan Light (0A.F8.E0) - Command: Off

It worked the same as when added to a group and set to off. Button H mirrored the switch and turned on and off with the switch.

Comment

P.S. Should I have created the link at the switch itself instead of via the plugin?

Comment

I guess you could try creating a link manually from the switch to the kpl as a test

but i have a feeling this is a i1 kpl fw issue
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

can you also post the link data from the [device] section in the insteon.ini

it should look somethign like this

Link 1=E2 01 30 6B D8 FF 1F 01 1
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I don't know the steps to create an 'Off' link manually at the switch. If not too much trouble, could you briefly explain how to do that?

I assume you're looking for the i1 KeypadLinc's links. Here is the entire device section for that keypad:

[Device 5]
                      DeviceID=05.8A.7E
                      DeviceName=Tabletop Keypad
                      DeviceLocation=Master Bedroom
                      DeviceType=0109
                      FirmwareVer=2C
                      DatabaseDelta=16
                      LinksDownloaded=1
                      PollingInterval=0
                      Protocol=1
                      EEValues=DefaultRampRate=31,ResumeDim=136,FPTYPE=2,DefaultOn Level=254,OnLEDMask1=0,OnLEDMask2=0,OnLEDMask3=0,OnLEDMask4= 0,OnLEDMask5=0,OnLEDMask6=0,OnLEDMask7=0,OnLEDMask8=0,OffLED Mask1=0,OffLEDMask2=0,OffLEDMask3=0,OffLEDMask4=0,OffLEDMask 5=0,OffLEDMask6=0,OffLEDMask7=0,OffLEDMask8=0,NonToggleButto ns=0
                      GroupLinkAddress 1=2
                      GroupLinkAddress 2=3
                      GroupLinkAddress 3=4
                      GroupLinkAddress 4=5
                      GroupLinkAddress 5=6
                      GroupLinkAddress 6=7
                      GroupLinkAddress 7=8
                      GroupLinkAddress 8=9
                      LastContact=4/21/2015 5:30:09 PM
                      RecentDatabaseDelta=16
                      TotalInteractions=602
                      FailedInteractions=41
                      HopData=626,617,7,2
                      ChannelName8=All Off (Good Night)
                      NoChannelSync=0
                      SyncLinkedDevices=0
                      NumLinks=23
                      Link 1=A2 00 2C 07 7D FE 1F 01 1
                      Link 2=E2 01 2C 07 7D FF 1F 01 2
                      Link 3=E2 02 2C 07 7D FF 1F 02 3
                      Link 4=E2 03 2C 07 7D FF 1F 03 4
                      Link 5=E2 04 2C 07 7D FF 1F 04 5
                      Link 6=E2 05 2C 07 7D FF 1F 05 6
                      Link 7=E2 06 2C 07 7D FF 1F 06 7
                      Link 8=E2 07 2C 07 7D FF 1F 07 8
                      Link 9=E2 08 2C 07 7D FF 1F 08 9
                      Link 10=A2 FE 2C 07 7D FF 1F 01 10
                      Link 11=A2 02 2C 07 7D FF 1F 01 11
                      Link 12=A2 03 2C 07 7D FF 1F 02 12
                      Link 13=A2 04 2C 07 7D FF 1F 03 13
                      Link 14=A2 05 2C 07 7D FF 1F 04 14
                      Link 15=A2 06 2C 07 7D FF 1F 05 15
                      Link 16=A2 07 2C 07 7D FF 1F 06 16
                      Link 17=A2 08 2C 07 7D FF 1F 07 17
                      Link 18=A2 09 2C 07 7D FF 1F 08 18
                      Link 19=A2 0A 2C 07 7D 00 1A 01 19
                      Link 20=A2 0A 2C 07 7D 00 1F 02 20
                      Link 21=E2 01 0A F8 E0 FE 1F 01 21
                      Link 22=A2 01 0A F8 E0 FE 1F 01 22
                      Link 23=A2 01 0A F8 E0 00 1F 08 23

Comment

can you delete link 21,22,23 and recreate the link from the switchlinc to the H btn with Off. 22 might be the problem

I'm not exactly sure how to create an off link manually
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Link 23 is the one I just created for your test. Links 21 and 22 were created manually, at the switch and keypadlinc, to cross link the button A and the switchlinc. This keypadlinc is on a table top next to the bed and button A doesn't actually control any lights. These two links appear to be working as expected when pressing either button A or the SwitchLinc. Do you see something wrong in the link codes?

I can try to lookup the old i1 KeypadLinc manual and the old ICON dimmer manual and see if I can figure out how to do this manually.

In the meantime, if anyone else reading this has an old i1 KeypadLinc, could you please see if you are getting the same behavior as described above?

Comment

the links look fine. see if you can figure out how to manually set the off link

i think the H btn needs to be Off when you are pressing it to complete the link from the switchlink
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                              Hello,

I have an older KeypadLinc V2 Dimmer with firmware 2C in 8-button configuration... Even though it is set to off in the group, it goes ON when the group is turned on, and OFF when the group goes off. ...
                              I noticed this a long time back. I just assumed that this was how it was supposed to work and compensated by triggering those groups with a group off instead of an on...

Comment

Working...
                              X