X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon plugin has stopped working

Hey guys
    the plugin on a windows 7 stopped working and crashing every 10 minutes.

nothing changed and its the same version as before.
    i am working on moving to a raspberry pi 2 machine and working on recreating all the events but it seems to crash all the time
    i first though it was due to the fact that there is another hs3 machine on the network but even if its disconnected the plugin still crashes.

anyone has this as well?
    thanks

Read in another thread where u where trying to relocate you INI and DLL files. Died u not put one back?

Have u updated HS recently?
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

its not that
      a few days ago i did a windows update on my server and it seems that a dot net update was installed.
      i uninstalled it and checking it now.

Comment

you need to resolve the connection issue between your hs server and the hub. its the network or hub, not the hs server or plugin.

please don't start any more new threads on this issue. thanks
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark. its a brand new server with another HUB.
          in addition i installed the hs3 in 2 other places with 2 new HUB and they all had this happen.

i am alerting this because it may indicate a bigger issue.

Comment

I'm not seeing any other reports from other users. This usually indicates a localized issue

what have you don't to debug your physical network?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

i agree if this was only on my side.
              but since it happened a few times on other networks as well on 3 different physical location

anyway if you havent heard if from other users i will recheck it

Comment

Hi Mark,
                I did get the message few times as well in the last week, what is interesting is that I did not update your plugin only others. I don't remember seeing it before last week, I normally get an email when the interface is down, just an FYI, hopefully that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                  Hi Mark,
                  I did get the message few times as well in the last week, what is interesting is that I did not update your plugin only others. I don't remember seeing it before last week, I normally get an email when the interface is down, just an FYI, hopefully that will help.
                  what's your setup? i need versions of everything
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

glad to see i am not the only one.
                    the new symptom i am experiencing in the past few days is that devices stop working.

if i do a Comm test, they will all pass and the plugin is in OK status.
                    but when i change their status on HS3 they wont react.

i had to reset my HUB twice to get it to work again only for a day before reseting it again
                    i have no idea if its a HS3 issue / Plugin Issue / HUB issue.
                    this all started a week and a half ago out of the bloom

is this something that you can help in pointing me to the right direction?
                    this happened in linux and windows (brand new install with and without windows update).
                    around 1-2 hours after starting HS i can send commands to devices (and the status will update to the new value) but nothing will happen (comm test to the device are successful)
                    after a restart of HS, it will be back to normal.
                    right now i set a script to restart HS every 30 minutes to get this to work until i find a solution.
                    if i close and restart the plugin it not always work after that. i updated to the .171 beta of HS3 just to test it.
                    could this be a insteon plugin? after all the comms still work but the commands are not.

i am lost here
                    thanks
                    Last edited by ez1976; May 5, 2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Hi Mark
                      as requested here are the updates:

i formatted a clean windows 7 with no updates and only Dot net 4.
                      the plugin crashed after a bit with "Faulting module name: mswsock.dll" error.

i then updated to 4.5 and it still crashes but now on a different module.
                      it can work for 5 hours and then stop and after a HS restart it can work for 20 minutes before crashing.

after being with a dot net 4.5 for a while , it crashed on this:

מאי-06 13:51:58 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Insteon
                      מאי-06 13:51:54 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 91.194.4.2 User: eyal
                      מאי-06 13:51:54 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      מאי-06 13:50:58 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Insteon

CRITICAL: Failed to get InterfaceStatus from Insteon: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

i then went back to version 3.0.0.16 and right now we are at 3.5 hours and still works.

another thing i notices is that after the plugin crashes, i no longer have access to battery powered modules, the last movement on my motion detector was last night at 11 pm after i removed it from HS3 and readded it.
                      then when the plugin crashed, i no longer have connection to it so now i need to remove it and readd it again.

another weird symptom is that when HS3 and the plugin all seem to work just fine, there is full communication to the modules and devices but when i press an action on HS3, the status of it changes but the device doesnt actually do anything

am i the only one with this?
                      do you need any more info from me?

Comment

try adding the following to the end of the insteon.ini and restart hs3

[Hub]
                        GetXMLBufferInterval=2000
                        this will slow down how frequently the plugin polls the hub for inbound msgs

the default value is 1000 msecs.

your system is clearing having network issues which is crashing the plugin. i can't make the plugin recover from this.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

and shout i update to .20 or stay at .16 at the moment?

EDIT:
                          after deleting all motion sensors and leak sensors and linked on of them to HS, everything stopped working.....
                          and they are also not updating status.
                          now i am back to the point that in HS3 the status is changed and the device is not activating.

what changed in the past week and a half?
                          is this a HUB issue or a HS3 issue?
                          do i need to recreate everything from scratch?
                          Last edited by ez1976; May 6, 2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                            and shout i update to .20 or stay at .16 at the moment?
                            just stay with .16. i haven't changed anything related to the hub in later versions anyways
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

still with the .16 version.
                              as soon as i added 1 motion sensor, the whole thing stopped working about 10 minute after i restart HS.
                              do you think its a HUB issue? or should i just start from a clean HS3 install and reconfigure everything.
                              something happened that caused a very stable system to go haywire in one minute

I have notices that the amount of insteon error log files are around 500 mb.

i am trying a setup i had from dec 2014 and will update the changes.
                              will update you if anything is wrong....
                              Last edited by ez1976; May 6, 2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X