Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you make the insteon.ini change i suggested? you didn't comment on this? if so, did you try other values

what about a simple switchlinc instead of a MS?

also, have you tried using just the smarthome web interface with the hub?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      did you make the insteon.ini change i suggested? you didn't comment on this? if so, did you try other values

what about a simple switchlinc instead of a MS?

also, have you tried using just the smarthome web interface with the hub?
      hey
      the added value didnt change anything.
      its not that.... since i went back to the december backup everything is up and running.

i do think it was caused by a microsoft update that screwed everything up a few days ago and if so, it may be something that affect other users.

Mark i can see that there are a lot of insteon error files in the Config directory but i dont see any errors in them. should it be like that?
      Last edited by ez1976; May 6, 2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

ok a quick update.
        i went back to an old backup and i started to define all the changes that happen since.
        i upgraded the plugin to 3.0.5.20 and had a full few hours of use.
        this morning i woke up and the plugin has crashed and i couldnt restore communication to the HUB. had to hard reset it to get back control.

so i am guessing my HUB is the root of the problem.

Mark, is there a way to find out if any of the devices are the cause of extra traffic on the network? could one device cause so much trouble and is there a way to find out which one?

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
          is there a way to find out if any of the devices are the cause of extra traffic on the network? could one device cause so much trouble and is there a way to find out which one?
          I had a bad dualband switchlinc once; it would flood the RF band with so much noise that other RF devices couldn't communicate with the PLM. But i couldn't see any of this traffic on the log.

I had to use an 915Mhz RF scanner to see the traffic. Not sure if there is a similar device for seeing noise on the powerline as well

you could always shut off one circuit at a time to try and narrow down the problem.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi.
            the problem is that the insteon plugin will crash between 10 minute and 6 hours.
            and sometimes it wont crash at all but will just not turn any device on/off. it will mark the status as activated but nothing will actually change.
            at any given point there will be communication to the device.

this is weird.

Mark i see this in all my error logs
            at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
            at Insteon.Support.Hub.SocketPortClass.GetXMLBuffer(Object Sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)
            06/05/2015 07:14:56 - ***:Error in Hub.GetXMLBuffer: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
            Parameter name: length -- Details System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
            Parameter name: length
            at Insteon.Support.Hub.SocketPortClass.GetXMLBuffer(Object Sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)
            06/05/2015 07:14:57 - ***:Error in Hub.GetXMLBuffer: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
            Parameter name: length -- Details System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
            06/05/2015 07:14:58 - ***:Error in Hub.GetXMLBuffer: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
            06/05/2015 07:14:59 - ***:Error in Hub.GetXMLBuffer: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.

EDIT:
            this is some new log entries:
            Error, an error log file could not be written: System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError() at System.IO.FileInfo.MoveTo(String destFileName) at Insteon.Support.Utilities.LogManager.ReportError(String Msg)
            Last edited by ez1976; May 7, 2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Hey
              i cant believe it but i think i got it!!!!

i checked the error logs and it seems that every 1-2 minutes a 2.5 MB error file is created.

i saw this in all the logs:
              5/7/2015 4:00:21 PM - Sending sync command to linked responder device: Parents Bedroom Left Shades (20.1B.E3)
              5/7/2015 4:00:21 PM - ***:Error in SyncResponderDevices: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. -- Details System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

i deleted the Parents Bedroom Left Shades (20.1B.E3) and the logs have stoppoed being created.
              i will see if this is still stable.
              i am writing the whole process to help anyone who will have this issue and save him a week and a half of midnight forum surfing

Comment

ok.
                no more errors in the log files but it still looses connection once every few hours.
                i need to restart HS to get it back on track.
                could this be a HUB problem?
                should i purchase the HUB 2?

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                  ok.
                  no more errors in the log files but it still looses connection once every few hours.
                  i need to restart HS to get it back on track.
                  could this be a HUB problem?
                  should i purchase the HUB 2?
                  i don't understand what's going on. i thought you fixed the issues caused by a windows update and the error log files

don't buy the hub 2 its not supported
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i tried install a new machine with no windows updates.
                    restored a setup from december and it still happened.

i checked the logs and saw this:
                    saw this in all the logs:
                    5/7/2015 4:00:21 PM - Sending sync command to linked responder device: Parents Bedroom Left Shades (20.1B.E3)
                    5/7/2015 4:00:21 PM - ***:Error in SyncResponderDevices: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. -- Details System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

it filled up log files on this error.
                    so i replaced the module and the error stopped but today i had to restart HS3 twice to get my devices back working.
                    no errors in the logs or no new error files.
                    in HS the status of the device seems to be activated but nothing actually work. restarting HS3 bring everything back online.

i still cant be sure if it is not a HUB issue.

Comment

hey Mark
                      the plugin is now crashing on "Fault Module Name: clr.dll"

i still dont have any idea if this is a software issue or a hardware issue

and i see these a lot in the log

15:47:18 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:47:17 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:47:10 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:47:09 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:47:08 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:47:00 weatherXML Run between 0 23
                      מאי-09 15:47:00 weatherXML Run timer items
                      מאי-09 15:47:00 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:56 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:55 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:54 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:44 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 2
                      מאי-09 15:46:42 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:40 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:32 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:23 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:22 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:20 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:17 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:16 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 3
                      מאי-09 15:46:15 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:14 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:13 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:11 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:10 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:09 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom 6 Button Keypad (30.64.E0) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:01 Insteon Received message from Parents Bedroom Bedside 8 Keypad (Left) (2B.FF.D3) taking hops: 1
                      מאי-09 15:46:00 Insteon In Edit - Insteon Device #24 Addr: 2B.FF.D3, Name:Bedside 8 Keypad (Left), Location:Parents Bedroom
                      מאי-09 15:46:00 weatherXML Triggers to check: 0

i already replaced that keypad.
                      could this be the reason it is overcrowded?
                      what could be the reason for so much broadcast from it?
                      Last edited by ez1976; May 9, 2015, 07:41 AM.

Comment

these dll errors you keep running into are related to your OS. You will need to do a little research on these errors and see if there are OS updates available.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

thanks

and the overcrowded broadcast?

its only from those 2 devices?
                          i have already replaced 2 of them

EDIT:

Mark, those keyswitches that made a lot of noise of the network had 3 keys that synced between them

KPL 1 Button A <-> KPL 2 Button A
                          KPL 2 Button A <-> KPL 3 Button A
                          KPL 2 Button A <-> KPL 3 Button A

KPL 1 Button B <-> KPL 2 Button B
                          KPL 2 Button B <-> KPL 3 Button B
                          KPL 2 Button B <-> KPL 3 Button B

KPL 1 Button C <-> KPL 2 Button C
                          KPL 2 Button C <-> KPL 3 Button C
                          KPL 2 Button C <-> KPL 3 Button C

Could that has caused all this broadcase?
                          Last edited by ez1976; May 9, 2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Insteon hub

i have been having issues with the hub for over a month part of the time it looses the hub and i have to restart hs3 and the hub hub pings ok from hs server i have had to reinstall hs3 2 diferent times to get it back working and only the plugin on the 3ed time not sure what is happening but sounds very similar to what else i have read here
                            Bob Moeckel

Comment

Originally posted by gigabit View Post
                              i have been having issues with the hub for over a month part of the time it looses the hub and i have to restart hs3 and the hub hub pings ok from hs server i have had to reinstall hs3 2 diferent times to get it back working and only the plugin on the 3ed time not sure what is happening but sounds very similar to what else i have read here
                              Bob Moeckel
                              which hub? any errors in the log? what plugin version are you using? any insteon error report.log files created?
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X