This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom commands to Switchlinc?

Just considering upgrading to HS3 and the HS Insteon plugin has always worked for me. But I'm wondering about the additional features on this one. I've looked through the documentation thread and can't find any mention of being able to replicate the feature that is within Houselinc, which allows for the LED brightness of a Switchlinc to be adjusted. I'm thinking of using this to provide discreet feedback on the system. It also allows the Switchlinc to "beep".

Am I able to do that with this plugin?

all the features of the hs2 plugin are in hs3...including the ones you mentioned

these features are adjustable via events and scripts.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Appreciate the quick response Mark. Is there specific documentation that covers the details of how to do this using events and/or scripts?

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291

there is a section on this thread about the script calls and Insteon Actions
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I had read this post before but it doesn't seem to list all of the possible commands for each Insteon device. Is that list somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by nmaycher View Post
            I had read this post before but it doesn't seem to list all of the possible commands for each Insteon device. Is that list somewhere?
            there is no comprehensive list. But If you configure an insteon action for a given device, it will show you the possible Settings and values; these can be used in a script as well
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I just heard from Insteon customer service that some devices can have their RF turned off. Is this something that you currently support in your plugin (or plan to implement)? I don't want RF signals bouncing around my house and virtually all of their new devices are now dual-band.

Comment

Originally posted by nmaycher View Post
                I just heard from Insteon customer service that some devices can have their RF turned off. Is this something that you currently support in your plugin (or plan to implement)? I don't want RF signals bouncing around my house and virtually all of their new devices are now dual-band.
                No plans. RF is a vital part of the communications protocol.

you can't complete disable RF

Here are the notes about disabling RF: you can disable RF As an originator, but it will still hop messages. What this means is the device will take any msg from the powerline and rebroadcast it via RF. so there is really no getting rid of RF completely
                Last edited by mnsandler; May 6, 2015, 07:13 AM. Reason: added details
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X