This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LampLinc Ramps On/Off Instead of Instant On/Off

So i have a pair of LampLinc's in the living room. they worked fine via HS and locally. all of a sudden one of them, only ramps on and ramps off via HS. If i click on, it ramps on instead of instant on, if i click off, it ramps off instead of instant off. if click a dim level, it ramps to that level.

if i use local control, double tap works for instant on/off and single tap works for ramp on/off. the other lamplinc works perfectly fine from HS. on is on and off is off.

the settings in HS and in the plugin are exactly the same for both lamplinc's (default). not sure what to do at this point.

Some Insteon dimming devices always ramp at the last rate that was commanded to them when controlled via HomeSeer. Use the Insteon special command to turn it on or off at the fastest ramp rate and see if after that it works the way you want. If it does, the issue when come back as soon as whatever event that set it to a slower rate fires again.

Comment

This type of behavior is typically related to fw issues.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Download the smarthome app and you can program the devices to ramp the way you want

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
          Download the smarthome app and you can program the devices to ramp the way you want
          Mark Sandler's Insteon plugin allows programming both On level and ramp rate, even with i1 Lamplincs (FW 28). I'm not clear what the SmartHome app can offer in addition.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            This type of behavior is typically related to fw issues.
            Drats. It's so annoying in the living room. I guess I'll just move it to a lamp in another room.

Comment

Working...
            X