Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to recover Insteon info from PIN?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to recover Insteon info from PIN?

Hi,

My HomeTroller crashed hard taking with it my backups. I know I should have copied the backups elsewhere but stupidly never did it.

I've replaced it with a new HomeTroller S6 Pro. I see where I can display the links on the serial PIN but I was wondering if there might be a way to import the information into the Insteon databases in HomeSeer. The old HomeTroller was running HS2 and the new one is running HS3. I know that the human friendly labels won't be there but if the links can be imported, I can reenter the labels.

If I can avoid relinking everything that would be wonderful since I've got well over 100 devices and that would be a pain.

Thanks for any help!

if you don't have an insteon.ini file you are going to need to at least re-register each device. the links are still stored in the devices and will be read and loaded back into the plugin.

You won't need to relink devices.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Okay, this is going to sound stupid - how do you just register a device? Where is the Insteon.ini file stored? If I can retrieve it from the old machine to the new one, will everything just "magically" work? Will this work with an ini from v2 on a v3 install?

Comment

yes, any hs2 or hs3 insteon.ini will restore the devices into the hs database. you will need to recreate events. Put the insteon.ini into the \config folder and restart the plugin or hs

if you can't find an insteon.ini you will need to register all the devices; use the Manage Device page from the plugin. Use the Add a New Device btn.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ok. I'll see if I can recover the ini. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X