This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to test this plugin out

I currently run an ISY and use the ISY plugin. I was thinking that maybe it would be better to have HS handle the Insteon directly.

I have the db9 serial cable that came with the PLM. Can I just unplug the ISY then connect the PLM to my server without affecting the way everything is set up in the ISY, or would/should I really need to just start over?

Once you connect the plm to the server via the serial cable, you will need to register the devices with the plugin. the plugin will read the current links so those links will be preserved.

you would need to delete the existing hs devices created by the isy plugin. my plugin will create new ones.

its basically starting over.

backup everything, and/or consider starting with a blank hs db for testing purposes
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ok, so i'm not against starting over (I'm out of work right now, so it's not like I don't have the time...LOL).

Before I do, can you answer some questions for me? I am currently only using KPLs and FanLincs right now (thought I'm considering moving more switches/outlets over from z-wave).

1) Can the plugin pick up fast on/off and dim up/down as coming from the KPLs? (I assume it can pick up the on/off). I use fast offs to turn off off whole rooms (sending a fast off for the main room light turns off all devices in the room regardless of technology (z-wave, insteon, hues, TVs, etc)).

2) I currently use programs in the ISY to keep the LEDs in sync. I've done some research and I'm sure this is possible, but can you turn on/off the KPL buttons from this plugin?

3) I'm sure this is the case, but can I just track a KPLs buttons without having it associated with an insteon device? I use some buttons currently to turn on Philips Hue bulbs via the ISY plugin -> HS -> Philips hue plugin.

Thanks

Comment

1. there are triggers for fast on and fast off

2. yes, you can control the individual klpl btns via the plugin

3. you must register the kpl if you want the plugin to track and/or control the kpl btns. I'm not sure how you would get status without this. Maybe i don't understand what you are trying to do
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          1. there are triggers for fast on and fast off

2. yes, you can control the individual klpl btns via the plugin

3. you must register the kpl if you want the plugin to track and/or control the kpl btns. I'm not sure how you would get status without this. Maybe i don't understand what you are trying to do

#3 I think was just a dumb question... LOL I'm having some issues with the ISY right now and one of my KPLs not reporting the button status to the ISY unless I have it as a "controller" for another device. It's not all my KPLs, just 1 that does this (so it may just be a bad KPL).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            #3 I think was just a dumb question... LOL I'm having some issues with the ISY right now and one of my KPLs not reporting the button status to the ISY unless I have it as a "controller" for another device. It's not all my KPLs, just 1 that does this (so it may just be a bad KPL).
            OK, if you have the kpl linked to the plm correctly, then it just might be a comm issue (noise)
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X