This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToggleLinc Not Always Responding to Group Commands

I know this isn't a general Insteon support forum, but you guys seem to be more knowledgeable than the people over at the smarthome forums.

I have one ToggleLinc dimmer that seems to not reliably respond to group commands. Every other device responds every single time I send the group command, but this one is probably 50/50.

It appears to respond every time I send an individual device command.

What gives? I thought Insteon was supposed to handle these scenarios and retry?

EDIT: It should be noted that the groups in question have KeypadLinc buttons set up as their controller, not the PLM/Homeseer. This occurs when I execute group commands from Homeseer on my phone, but I haven't yet tested from the keypadlinc.

Here's something interesting. I turned on detailed logging and got this:

* Group clean-up is being aborted because there is a request in-queue to transmit another command.

I have another event that syncs up a keypadlinc button for an older appliance module that does not automatically send the "on" command back to it.

Is there a way that I can give group cleanups higher priority?

Comment

there is no priority setting for group cleanup but i suppose i could add an ini setting that would prevent them from getting aborted. the consequence is other queued cmds will be delayed.

idea: can you put a short delay before the event that syncs up the kpl btns to ensure the cleanup makes it out.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I may end up doing a delay.

Is there a reason to have group cleanups get aborted? Is it because of the amount of time it could take?

How does the plugin handle other commands, does it queue them up?

Comment

Group clean-up can take a long time, and is often (not always) not needed. The protocol (as I understand it) is to abandon the clean-up if there is any other message traffic.

Could the plug-in really prevent this from happening? What if someone presses a light switch somewhere or a motion sensor transmits motion or no-motion? Wouldn't that cause the clean-up to stop too?

Comment

ultimately the PLM will decide whether to abort the cleanup based on traffic (inbound or outbound). So I'm not sure I can do anything in the plugin to ensure the cleanup msg goes out

the group cleanup msg is sent individually to each member of the group; so between the initial Tx and the Rx (and possbible retries) cleanup msgs can take several seconds. I would say about 1-2 per device in the group.

please try the delay and see how that goes.

have you tried a factory reset on the device in question to see if that will help with responding to the initial grp cmd?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
            X