This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script to beep devices?

I'm going to be putting in a water leak sensor... and I was thinking, what better (and cheaper) way to alert on it than to beep all my insteon devices!

So, I'm thinking of writing a script that would repeatedly send beep commands to a bunch of devices.

I'm a software engineer... but I'm not really familiar with the specific homeseer scripting functions. Can someone maybe give an example of what a "beep device" command would look like?

there is an event action to do this. i think the insteon cmd is 0x30, 0x00. there is documentation in this forum for sending these to an insteon device via a script
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Excellent. Yeah I am playing with the event action, but I wanted to write a loop instead of having an individual "THEN beep this," "THEN beep that" for every device I want to beep.

Comment

OK so I'm assuming it's this function:

Public Sub TransmitInsteonCommand(ByVal HC As String, ByVal DC As String, ByVal InsteonCmd1 As Byte, ByVal InsteonCmd2 As Byte)

What are the parameters? I assume InsteonCmd1 and InsteonCmd2 are the two bytes you just gave me - 0x30, 0x00.

What are HC and DC?

Comment

that is a legacy call for hs2. use this one for hs3

Public Sub TransmitInsteonCommand(ByVal Address As String, ByVal InsteonCmd1 As Byte, ByVal InsteonCmd2 As Byte)

address is the insteon addr in the format of AA.BB.CC. and the cmd1 and cmd2 are the bytes i poosted
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Is there a way to enumerate the devices that the plugin is aware of?

Comment

you would need to enumerate the hs collection and just check the interface property
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I like this idea also....
                I want to use Beeps to communicate different states....like the front-of-house motion detector but the beeps are relatively quiet and events that i have used beep then on at a time. I figure a broadcast would be better.

Is there a way to send a beep to a group or to beep all insteon devices? This is not an option in the event editor.

Comment

you would need to send individual beep cmd actions to each device.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                  X