Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went the route of resetting to factory defaults.
    When I added the KPL, I thought it would create 6 channels, the last one being the Off button, but only 5 were created: Button On/Load and Button A-D

As I was trying to reset the FanLinc, it appeared to freeze. Both lights on the FanLinc were stuck at solid red and working with either the light or fan buttons did nothing. I went ahead and added the FanLinc and it seemed to add fine.

Here is my latest screenshot of the devices.

I then went ahead and set up 4 different groups in Manage Groups to control Fan off/low/medium/high and those all work [though my low setting seems too low as it barely moves]

I'm now stuck on how I shut the FanLinc's light off as I appear to have only a power button the KPL side (I included the KPL channel screenshot)
    Attached Files

Comment

I removed the Off device/channel on the newer (fw 40+ i think) KPLs. the Off btn never/doesn't have a unique group number like the other btns do so i got rid of it. You can use the On/Load btn to turn it Off.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

So, I should switch to controlling the on/off via groups instead of direct access as I have here?
        Attached Files

Comment

no i would say direct access is your best bet. but maybe i don't understand what you are trying to do
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm attempting to run the FanLinc controlled light on and off through the KPL
            Do I use the Button On/Load channel as a toggle for the light as there is no "Off" channel on the KPL?

Comment

If you link the light to the on button, won't it go off when you press the off button? (All my keypadlincs are 8 button, so I've never tried it this way.)

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                If you link the light to the on button, won't it go off when you press the off button? (All my keypadlincs are 8 button, so I've never tried it this way.)
                the fanlinc light should/will go off if the link was created using the On setting
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'm totally confused
                  Here's an image of the KPL as I have it laid out now.
                  I have the Fan High, Fan Med, Fan Low and Fan Off events working
                  I can turn the light on by the On button
                  How do I turn the light off by using the Off button?
                  Attached Files

Comment

you are over thinking this. the hs device named "On/Load" will turn the lights on and off using the associated buttons on the GUI or in the action event. maybe i should rename the default name to just "Load" but you can customize that yourself.

For example, in my setup, the following hs device turns the kpl on and off

Mudroom Keypad - Button On/Load (address 11.7B.2D:1)
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I guess I'm not having much luck here. It appears that the Off switch on the KPL shuts off power at the switch and hence shuts off the FanLinc. I'm hoping to control the FanLinc via the the KPL as follows:

ON Button: Simply turns the FanLinc light control to ON [hold and increase brightness, is that possible?]

OFF Button: Simply turns the FanLinc light control to OFF [hold and decrease brightness, is that possible?]

My Fan: High, Medium, Low and Off seem to be working

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
                        I guess I'm not having much luck here. It appears that the Off switch on the KPL shuts off power at the switch and hence shuts off the FanLinc. I'm hoping to control the FanLinc via the the KPL as follows:

ON Button: Simply turns the FanLinc light control to ON [hold and increase brightness, is that possible?]

OFF Button: Simply turns the FanLinc light control to OFF [hold and decrease brightness, is that possible?]

My Fan: High, Medium, Low and Off seem to be working
                        I think I understand now. You have it wired wrong. You should have the red wire coming out of the keypadlinc capped off with a wire nut and not connected to anything. The fanlinc should be wired to have power all the time.
                        Take whatever wire you have connected to the red wire from the keypadlinc, and connect it with the wire(s) connected to the black wire to the keypadlinc instead. Cap off the red wire from the keypadlinc. This will have the fanlinc now powered all the time, and the built-in load control on the keypadlinc will not be used. It isn't needed, since the fanlinc will switch the light on and off. This also explains some or all of your communications problems.

Comment

Thanks, I'll report back once I get my electrician buddy over

Comment

Ok, the FanLinc now never has its power shut off.
                            However, the On and Off buttons on the KPL do not control the lights

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
                              Ok, the FanLinc now never has its power shut off.
                              However, the On and Off buttons on the KPL do not control the lights
                              Have you linked the on button on the keypadlinc to the light on the fanlinc?

Mine is controlled by two switches, but here's an example for you.

From the fanlinc
                              Device Link Table

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Link #8</td> <td>Fan is controlled by Big Room Keypad Button C (33.D1.46) - Command: Medium</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #9</td> <td>Fan is controlled by Big Room Keypad Button D (33.D1.46) - Command: High</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #10</td> <td>Fan is controlled by Big Room Keypad Button E (33.D1.46) - Command: Low</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #11</td> <td>Fan is controlled by Big Room Keypad Button F (33.D1.46) - Command: Off</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #3</td> <td>Light is controlled by Back Yard Keypad Button C (0A.DA.40) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .2 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #7</td> <td>Light is controlled by Big Room Keypad Button A/Load (33.D1.46) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .5 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #1</td> <td>Light is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level 0%, Ramp Rate .5 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #4</td> <td>Light is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #23 Registered Group #1 'Big Room Lights out' - On Level 0%, Ramp Rate 7 Min.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #2</td> <td>Light is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #5</td> <td>Light is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #39 Registered Group #7 'House All Lights Off' - On Level 0%, Ramp Rate 1 Min.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #6</td> <td>Light is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #44 Registered Group #10 'House All Lights On' - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</td></tr></tbody></table>
                              From the keypadlinc

Device Link Table

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Link #26</td> <td>Button A/Load controls Back Yard Keypad Button C (0A.DA.40)</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #20</td> <td>Button A/Load controls Big Room Ceiling Fan (2E.2B.84)</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #25</td> <td>Button A/Load controls Big Room Floor Lamp (14.49.46)</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #19</td> <td>Button B controls Big Room Floor Lamp (14.49.46)</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #21</td> <td>Button C controls Big Room Ceiling Fan Fan (2E.2B.84)</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #22</td> <td>Button D controls Big Room Ceiling Fan Fan (2E.2B.84)</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #23</td> <td>Button E controls Big Room Ceiling Fan Fan (2E.2B.84)</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #24</td> <td>Button F controls Big Room Ceiling Fan Fan (2E.2B.84)</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #2</td> <td>Button A/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #3</td> <td>Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #4</td> <td>Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #5</td> <td>Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #6</td> <td>Button E has local control reporting to HomeSeer</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #7</td> <td>Button F has local control reporting to HomeSeer</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #8</td> <td>Button G has local control reporting to HomeSeer</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #9</td> <td>Button H has local control reporting to HomeSeer</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #27</td> <td>Button A/Load is controlled by Back Yard Keypad Button C (0A.DA.40) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #1</td> <td>Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level 0%, Ramp Rate .5 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #28</td> <td>Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #23 Registered Group #1 'Big Room Lights out' - On Level 0%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #10</td> <td>Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #11</td> <td>Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #26 (Button Control Group) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #30</td> <td>Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #39 Registered Group #7 'House All Lights Off' - On Level 0%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #32</td> <td>Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #44 Registered Group #10 'House All Lights On' - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #29</td> <td>Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #23 Registered Group #1 'Big Room Lights out' - Command: Off</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #12</td> <td>Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #28 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #31</td> <td>Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #39 Registered Group #7 'House All Lights Off' - Command: Off</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #33</td> <td>Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #44 Registered Group #10 'House All Lights On' - Command: On</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #13</td> <td>Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #42 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #14</td> <td>Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #43 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #15</td> <td>Button E is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #45 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #16</td> <td>Button F is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #46 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #17</td> <td>Button G is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #65 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</td></tr> <tr> <td>Link #18</td> <td>Button H is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #66 (Button Control Group) - Command: On</td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                                Have you linked the on button on the keypadlinc to the light on the fanlinc?
                                do you do that manually?
                                Last edited by macrho; July 25, 2015, 02:59 PM. Reason: remove white space

Comment

Working...
                                X