X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macrho View Post
    do you do that manually?
    This depends on what you mean by manually...

Go to Insteon - Manage Devices - your keypadlinc - edit links

The first drop down box at the bottom of the page should already have your_keypad_name Button A/Load: name selected. If it doesn't, then pick it. In the drop down below it, select your_fanlinc_name_light. In the box to the right of that select on. In the last box pick how fast you want the light to fade from off to on and on to off. Click on Create Link.

That's all there is to it (for the light). The links on the fanlinc will be created for you at the same time. You don't need to do anything for the off button. That is automatically handled.

I take it this means you didn't create any links for the fan speeds either. You can continue to control that through HomeSeer, but if you create the links, then it will work even if HomeSeer is down.

Comment

Thank you! That was incredibly easy once you told me what to do My mystery internet friend I offer a toast to you tonight The light toggle works perfectly. The fan will wind up being controlled by scenes so being able to control the light via the KPL upon entry into the room is fantastic. I'm not too worried about HS being down as the house has a backup generator.

Thanks again, a virtual toast from me

Originally posted by joegr View Post
      This depends on what you mean by manually...

Go to Insteon - Manage Devices - your keypadlinc - edit links

The first drop down box at the bottom of the page should already have your_keypad_name Button A/Load: name selected. If it doesn't, then pick it. In the drop down below it, select your_fanlinc_name_light. In the box to the right of that select on. In the last box pick how fast you want the light to fade from off to on and on to off. Click on Create Link.

That's all there is to it (for the light). The links on the fanlinc will be created for you at the same time. You don't need to do anything for the off button. That is automatically handled.

I take it this means you didn't create any links for the fan speeds either. You can continue to control that through HomeSeer, but if you create the links, then it will work even if HomeSeer is down.

Comment

Working...
      X