Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to re-configure smoke bridge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Had to re-configure smoke bridge

    So, we decided to test the smoke alarms today, and the smoke bridge had stopped communicating with homeseer.

    When I tested the alarms, the light on the smoke bridge flashed red.

    It did still contain the links to talk to the PLM.

    I had detailed logging on and NOTHING appeared for it in the log.

    I had to actually remove the device and re-add it to homeseer (which made me need to re-configure some events, I'm using things like $$DSR:xxx:

    Which brings me to this question: Is there any way I can identify insteon devices by their address, rather than the device ID that homeseer/the plugin assigns? That ID changes if I have to remove and re-add a device.

    #2
    refer to devices by name. you have control of this.
    Mark

    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

    Comment


      #3
      Ah! I didn't know I could do that. What's the token replacement for that?

      Comment


        #4
        well i don't see by name reference.

        did you try

        $$DTA : ( address ) :

        address should be the insteon id as identified as AA.BB.CC:1
        Mark

        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

        Comment


          #5
          It seems to interpret that as:

          Device not found1:

          Which means to me that the colon in the device address is throwing it off.

          Comment


            #6
            What I've done for now is assigned the device a code and I'm using $$DSC. That way, if I have to re-do the device, I won't have to touch any events.

            Mark, I'm wondering if the colon in the device address could be changed to a different character?

            Comment


              #7
              I can't change the colon. i can submit this as a bug to HST. can you give me an example of what you are trying to do that's not working


              adding a 'code' changes the address field which will cause plugin problems
              Mark

              HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
              Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

              Comment

              Working...
              X