Had to re-configure smoke bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to re-configure smoke bridge

So, we decided to test the smoke alarms today, and the smoke bridge had stopped communicating with homeseer.

When I tested the alarms, the light on the smoke bridge flashed red.

It did still contain the links to talk to the PLM.

I had detailed logging on and NOTHING appeared for it in the log.

I had to actually remove the device and re-add it to homeseer (which made me need to re-configure some events, I'm using things like $$DSR:xxx:

Which brings me to this question: Is there any way I can identify insteon devices by their address, rather than the device ID that homeseer/the plugin assigns? That ID changes if I have to remove and re-add a device.

refer to devices by name. you have control of this.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Ah! I didn't know I could do that. What's the token replacement for that?

Comment

well i don't see by name reference.

did you try

$$DTA : ( address ) :

address should be the insteon id as identified as AA.BB.CC:1
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

It seems to interpret that as:

Device not found1:

Which means to me that the colon in the device address is throwing it off.

Comment

What I've done for now is assigned the device a code and I'm using $$DSC. That way, if I have to re-do the device, I won't have to touch any events.

Mark, I'm wondering if the colon in the device address could be changed to a different character?

Comment

I can't change the colon. i can submit this as a bug to HST. can you give me an example of what you are trying to do that's not working

adding a 'code' changes the address field which will cause plugin problems
              Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
              X