This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad Linc linking to itself

So I am trying to figure out how do do a config where I have two overhead lights using Inlinelinc's with two keypadlincs to control them.

Unfortunately I have a mix of versions with an older KPL with a new one, and an older Ininelinc with a new one.....

I have a number of challenges because I want the ON/Load on the KPLs to switch both lights and I want button A and button B to control the lights independently.

I would like HomeSeer to be able to control the whole system
    I want the switches and lights to operate as independently as possible and not rely on the PLM or HS for local operation. I want everything to stay in sync and to be able to hide what all the bits and pieces so the HSTouch client is simple to use.

So lets talk about the first challenge(there will be more!)
    I want to link the On/Load button to button A and Button B.

I can not create this link in HS but I can create it locally on the switch. IF I do create it locally it works locally but it does not appear in HS when I update links on the Keypad Linc.

If I switch the lights on in HS by using HS to control the ON/LOAD button it works and the inline lincs turn on but button A and Button B do not.
    t button A and Button B do not.

What do you think.

i think all this is possible but you will need to try it and then post when you have specific problems. setting the A and B buttons to control the local load will require manual programming (see the kpl manual)
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for your reply
      ..Here is the problem...

1) Trying to link the On/Load button to Button A and Button B
      I can do that only locally....but it works so it is fine for now.

2)The I swapped out one of my inline lincs so both are now the same version

Lets just consider the simple use case....Button A controls in-LineLinc A and Button B controls In-LineLinc B.....That works just fine

What does not work is when I link the In-line Linc back to the buttons-My mission is to set it up so when I control the in-linelinc through HS that it controls the Buttons.

For whatever reason....one works and the other does not.....I am getting to the point where I think one the in-linelinc device is defective but this is the only symptom....everything else seems work fine with this device.

So without this feature working I removed the links (In-Linelinc -> Keypad Linc Buttons) and I am trying to develop some events or scripts that will keep the buttons up to date. Unfortunately I have not been able to get this to work as reliable as I want and the latency can cause things to loop or stutter. I get problems because the event will run when the control is done on the keypad linc (which does not need the event) I only want it to run if the command is issued through HS.....if the operator changes their mind and quickly hits some buttons on the KPL then the latency in the events cause the sync events causes the lights to respond unexpectedly.

Hard to explain but I am looking for some ideas....essentially.....the device setup works but the control with HS and the plug-in is not as expected and not in sync.

Comment

Originally posted by kamishki View Post
        Thanks for your reply
        For whatever reason....one works and the other does not.....I am getting to the point where I think one the in-linelinc device is defective but this is the only symptom....everything else seems work fine with this device.
        Can you swap the inlineLincs and/or which buttons control them to see if it is in fact a defective unit?

Comment

Done.....but it doesn't function as a controller.
          I linked it to numerous other responders and nothing will respond.

Seems weird to me.
          The device communicates just fine. It links, unlinks and polls for status quickly and without errors. It responds fast, it dims and brightens fast but it just will not act like a controller.

Electrically it does everything perfectly. Acting like a controller has to be just software so the fact that it doesn't work is really hard to grasp and it is quite frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by kamishki View Post

What does not work is when I link the In-line Linc back to the buttons-My mission is to set it up so when I control the in-linelinc through HS that it controls the Buttons.
            you will need to enable the 'sync linked responder devices' from the controllinc if you want hs to control the responder devices when you control the controllinc from hs.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks folks for you comments.....I came up with a fix that worked for me so I though I would post it to close out the thread....

After testing - resetting, reprogramming and all the rest I decided that buttons Sync, Responder sync were all nice but inevitably they were sluggish and because of of my in-linelinc modules refused to act properly as a controller.....I used a different strategy.

1) Cross linking the buttons of my KPL's works well. Linking all the lights to their respective buttons works great. And setting up one set of links so the ON/Load triggers my scene works great.
              2) The problem is and was always....that if I tried to control the lights in the room with HS.....there are many devices (each button) plus the lights themselves and the KPL's and responders would never stay in sync.
              3) I disabled Auto Sync and Force sync, I hid everything except the actual lamps in HS and I wrote a script. If any lamp changes....the script will gather status' from the lights and KPL buttons. If anything is not the way it is supposed to be the script will make it right.

I used CAPIControl to change the button lights.

The end result is that local/KPL control is fast and reliable. HS control is simple and after a few seconds, all the buttons will catch up and it is reliable as well.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X