X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion sensor reporting 9.9v?

Hi,

I have a motion sensor that just died w/o tripping the low batt warning. The last reported batt level for this device was 8.7 before it stopped communicating. After installing a brand new battery it currently reads 9.6 but I've seen it as high as 9.9 a bit earlier. Is this a voltage value? Is there something wrong with the device or the plugin?

Have a great day!
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

The low voltage trigger has never worked for me.

Comment

Do your battery level readings ever reach above 9?

Before I moved 6mo ago I had just one motion sensor and it's low battery trigger did work for me. The motion sensor in question is the first of the new motion sensors to die. I'd be less concerned if I didn't notice a 9.9 reading on the battery level. Do brand new batteries ever output that much?
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I seem to recall 9.x where 'x' was between 1 and 4-5, but not 9.9

Comment

I wonder if it's a motion sensor revision thing. Or a HS3 thing. What revision numbers are yours? My problem one is Rev 2.4. It reads "4414 REV 2.4" above the Insteon ID. My older one which has tripped the low battery warning every time with HS2 just says #2420M on the back with no revision number. I have yet to see if it trips the warning on HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
            I wonder if it's a motion sensor revision thing. Or a HS3 thing. What revision numbers are yours? My problem one is Rev 2.4. It reads "4414 REV 2.4" above the Insteon ID. My older one which has tripped the low battery warning every time with HS2 just says #2420M on the back with no revision number. I have yet to see if it trips the warning on HS3.
            2420M - 1610 rev 2.0; i2, FW:32, acquired 2010-06-25

Comment

Working...
            X