Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Over From Scratch With HS3 But Keeping My Insteon

Hello Mark,

I am a long time user of your Insteon Plug-In for HS2. I have 90 devices in my house. I have decided to move to HS3 but not migrate. I am starting over from scratch (New, computer, OS, etc). I am not porting anything over and I am NOT running HS2 at all.

I am keeping the same PLM (2413S) and all the devices obviously. The PLM has all the links programmed in it even when I built the HS3 machine and of course the Insteon direct links from device to device keep working.

What is your suggestion on how to rebuild my Insteon so that it works from HS3? Factory reset the PLM and start adding back all the devices one by one (I have a master list of all my devices in the house)? There is no way to import these from the PLM right?

Also, you had some special code for me since I had so many KeypadLincs in the house. It did not create a group for each button on the KPL. The way I use this is that the buttons on the KPL links to the PLM and I create an HS event.

"KPLGroupLinks=False"

Here was our old Thread. Anything special I need to do in HS3 to keep this working the same way? I wanted to make sure the HS3 version supports NOT creating groups for all the buttons.

Here is the old thread on this:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=157173

Thanks for your help Mark!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

the best thing is to bring over your hs2 config\insteon.ini file and when you start hs3 and the plugin, it will rebuild your hs devices, and populate the plugin.

there is no need to re-register all the devices from scratch
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

What about the "KPLGroupLinks=False" setting. Does the HS3 version of the plugin honor this?
      Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
        What about the "KPLGroupLinks=False" setting. Does the HS3 version of the plugin honor this?
        yes, i use it myself in my hs3 setup

the two plugins are functionally the same from an insteon perspective.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
        X