X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/close runtime module

Hey Mark
    if you remember i told you about the problem i have with the open/close module i use for windows shades.
    since it lower and raise the shades, the weight of the shades is different when lowering them and raising them.

so 40% status when the shades are closed is different from 40% status when the shades are opened.
    when they are opened and i select 40%, it will go just fine but if the shades are closed and i need to put them in 40%, it will never be the same state.

anything we can do about this?
    maybe a different runtime for open or close?

have you tried other software like houselinc?

if not, please do so and post a log snippet if it works
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

can i use them both?

Comment

I have the same problem.
        When shade goes to 50% and up again a few times, it does not go up all the way anymore.
        Going to 100% and then up again solves the problem.
        Also keeping the local up button pushed for a few seconds makes the screen go up all the way.
        Is the last option also possible from HS?( I now let it go to 100% and then up at the end of the day )
        Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

yes i hate it when i open the shades and there is always some left.
          then i need to go and press the button again to clear it.

i think it still has something to do with the runtime. there is a 1-2 seconds different between up and down

Comment

I'm only suggesting another sw to see if it is a sw or hw issue

you won't be able to run two sw packages on the same com port at the same time
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

so we have 2 issues:
              different run time for open and close
              and probably related, the open value (100%) is not fully open since the runtime is not exactly correct
              i tried adding a few seconds but its still not resolved.

i will check with houselinc

Comment

ok i added it to houselinc and was able to turn on and turn off.

but for some reason i dont have anything in the middle, only "on" and "off" (as you can see in the printscreen i attached)

should i try with the HUB's APP itself?
                Attached Files

Comment

does the shade open and close correctly?

yes, try the hub app
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

yes. but again, usually it happens when the shades are in the middle of the runtime.

if it takes longer to life it (since its heavier), it thinks its at 70% but in realty its more like 50%. so when i select open and it goes up to 100%, it is actually is 80% but i cant do anything from homeseer.
                    when you manually program the module, i have an option to set the runtime and i select once down and once up. could it be that it is learning the actual runtime of open and close differently?

Comment

In the Android app you can also only select on/off.
                      You can try what happens when you calibrate the up time and add a few seconds.....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
                      Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Working...
                      X