Insteon devices - cant change 'standalone' relationship for HS3 grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon devices - cant change 'standalone' relationship for HS3 grouping

I'm trying to group (not insteon groups/scene) my devices in the device manager by creating the Parent/Child relationships. Everything works except my Insteon devices . They always show a 'Relationship Status' as standalone, causing it to show up twice in my device manager.

Is this a function of the plugin that is locking down the relationship status or something else?

It would be good if the grouping were automatic when populating the devices or that the Parent/Child relationship could be set from within the plugin

I'm on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.187 (Windows)
    Insteon plugin 3.0.5.20

You can see below that the devices show up in the "Group" up top and then are replicated as standalone devices below.
    Attached Files

the plugin automatically groups hs device that are related to a physical insteon device. for example, the 8 hs devices that represent an 8 btn kpl are grouped together with one device being the parent.

individual devices like switches are idenfied as Standalone by the plugin

how are you setting the "Relationship Status" yourself via HS3? i thought this was a plugin feature, not a user configurable feature.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
    X