This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to set com port for Insteon plug-in

I have a HometrollerZee S2 with a 2413U. I can not set the com port for Mark's Insteon plug. I have the HSInsteon Plug-in and it works fine with the 2413U. I tried using the same com port on Mark's plug-in but it does not work. I also tried com 1, 2 etc. Uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted (several times) no luck. I have attached a snapshot of the installed plug-ins.

Thanks for any help.

Chuck Houston
    Last edited by cbhous; September 7, 2015, 01:14 PM.

Chuck, disable the hsinsteon plugin, and enable mine and then goto the config page (click Insteon on the above screen) and set the port. it should work. others have it working with linux without issue
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

see the above response
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Still unable to connect to PLM

Mark
        I'm sorry to say it is not working. I uninstalled both plugins, rebooted. Reinstalled your's, set the port to /dev/tty/USB0, then COM1, COM2 etc. with reboots in between. Still no luck. You say others are using the Zee S2 just fine with 2413U, what port are they using? Any idea what I am doing wrong? I really want to like your plug-in but...

Comment

can you post your config/insteon.ini file so i can review your settings

port name /dev/ttyUSB0 is the only thing i think will work from linux
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, I do not know how to get the file from the ZEE S2 to my pc to post it. I have putty and know a little Unix.

Comment

you can just copy and paste the contents to a post. i don't need the actual file
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I think I got it

I have attached the Insteon.ini

I fixed it!! /dev/ttyUSB0 NOT /dev/tty/USB0. Looking at the log and your previous reply it finally jumped out at me. Thanks for the help and on to the fun stuff.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by cbhous; July 11, 2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X