X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handling of status icon graphics by plugin

Mark,

I assume the plugin controls the set of icons used for status when initially creating an Insteon device. If so...

I always wanted to have on the device management page a status icon for lights that reflects the actual dimming level. I know I can modify those myself by adding new range values, then new range graphics, then repeat this for every light.

Is there anyway you could include in the plugin an option for it to create, for dimming devices, 13 ranges and use the luminance-xxx.png set of icons (..\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\status) ?

Originally posted by claude View Post
    Mark,

I assume the plugin controls the set of icons used for status when initially creating an Insteon device. If so...

I always wanted to have on the device management page a status icon for lights that reflects the actual dimming level. I know I can modify those myself by adding new range values, then new range graphics, then repeat this for every light.

Is there anyway you could include in the plugin an option for it to create, for dimming devices, 13 ranges and use the luminance-xxx.png set of icons (..\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\status) ?
    Possible?

Comment

yes, the plugin controls the icons/graphics. my problem is i can't satisfy everyone. and if i hardcode anything then someone else is stuck
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

claude,
        i have an idea for this:

if i copy a set of the icons to an images\insteon folder, then anyone can replace them with whatever set they want without affecting the standard hs icons. Then I can use any naming convention i want.

what do you think?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          claude,
          i have an idea for this:

if i copy a set of the icons to an images\insteon folder, then anyone can replace them with whatever set they want without affecting the standard hs icons. Then I can use any naming convention i want.

what do you think?
          Mark, I think that sounds great. I always like options.
          Billy

Comment

claude,
            i have an idea for this:

what do you think?
            The icon thing sounds good to me too. May I push my luck a bit further? What about the ability for the plugin to automatically create those 13 ranges I was mentioning? The idea is to graphically see the level of brightness/dimming on the HS3 Device Management page, at a finer level than just On/Off/Dim.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
              The icon thing sounds good to me too. May I push my luck a bit further? What about the ability for the plugin to automatically create those 13 ranges I was mentioning? The idea is to graphically see the level of brightness/dimming on the HS3 Device Management page, at a finer level than just On/Off/Dim.
              i'm planning on the following levels:
              0 (Off), 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100 (On)

this matches the On levels i provide with insteon actions
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

0 (Off), 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100 (On)

Mark, if you wanted to get fancy, you could use the dim-??.gif icons in the following directories.

\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\classic
                or
                \HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\contemporary

The icons displayed are controlled by the setting for "Status Icon Set" on the Setup menu, Custom tab.

Either way this would be a nice addition.

Thanks
                Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                  Mark, if you wanted to get fancy, you could use the dim-??.gif icons in the following directories.

\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\classic
                  or
                  \HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\contemporary

The icons displayed are controlled by the setting for "Status Icon Set" on the Setup menu, Custom tab.

Either way this would be a nice addition.

Thanks
                  billy,
                  i could do this without much effort. my concern is linking my icon set to the homeseer icons. I'm trying to figure out what the down side of doing this is
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

billy,
                    i could do this without much effort. my concern is linking my icon set to the homeseer icons. I'm trying to figure out what the down side of doing this is
                    I understand. It would probably make better sense for you to use your own set in your own directory.

I am not sure of the downsides/upsides of using HS vs. creating your own. There seems to be a mix of the plugins I have installed, some use the HomeSeer icons, others create their own, seems to be a mixed bag.

I guess HS could change the names of them but I would think that is unlikely with all of the programming changes they would need to make. Of course if you use your own directory and files then you have control, until someone removes them... LOL
                    Billy

Comment

That's what I was looking for, great, when do we start?

Comment

All,

i use an ini setting called RecreateDevices=True to reset device definitions (ie values and graphics) in case someone needs to rebuild something without having to delete and recreate.

So, if you have done any customizing on values or graphics, they will be overwritten

does anyone see any problems using this ini setting to add/change graphics on existing devices?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All,

i use an ini setting called RecreateDevices=True to reset device definitions (ie values and graphics) in case someone needs to rebuild something without having to delete and recreate.

So, if you have done any customizing on values or graphics, they will be overwritten

does anyone see any problems using this ini setting to add/change graphics on existing devices?
                          I don't see any issues using that setting. I believe you had me use that setting when we were having an issue with HSTouch and Insteon devices.
                          Billy

Comment

I vote "okay" for this.

Comment

Ok. here it is. Lets keep feedback on this version on this thread.

here is what i settled on based on a convo with Rich:

I'm going to use to the homeseer icon set in the images\status folder for lighting devices. They can change based on your selection of the Icon Set chosen on the setup/custom tab.

However i added a few custom icons for other devices (MS, leak sensor, etc) that will reside in an images\insteon folder.

Installation instructions:

1. shutdown hs, and backup your hs database and insteon.ini
                              2. copy the DLLs to the homeseer 3 root folder
                              3. create a new "insteon" subfolder in the hs html\images folder to get html\images\insteon (stick with lowercase for linux)
                              4. copy the zipped image files (.png) to the new insteon folder
                              5. restart hs3

The plugin should add the graphics definitions automatically. if for some reason it doesn't shutdown, add RecreateDevices=1 to the [Config] section and restart HS3.

please review as many different type of insteon devices to make sure everything is okay.

Enjoy!

PS i did not implement these graphics in the HS2 version in case any one asks.
                              Attached Files
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X