This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2413U PLM restart issues

I would like to get some feedback from users of the 2413U PLM insteon interface regarding restarts after a power fail. Is anyone able to get back online with Mark's plug-in after a power outage without a hassle? If so, is it automatic, or using Mark's restart command, or requiring a HS restart, or PC restart?
    When I lose power, I pretty much have to shutdown the laptop for about 15 minutes or so, unplug the PLM, then re-connect and hope for the best. I'm going to be out of town for awhile and have no confidence in the system if we loose power. Any thoughts, comments would be appreciated...thanks!

I am still on HS2. I monitor for AC power failure using a UPS plug-in. When it indicates AC failure, I use the Insteon action "disable interface." After power is back and stable for several seconds, another event uses "enable interface." So far, that seems to work very well.
    The enable/disable actions weren't always in the plug-in. Before they came along, the plug-in would fail a few minutes after power failed. I had events that would reboot the whole PC after power returned if the plug-in had crashed or the PLM had stopped responding. That worked about 9 times out of 10. I still have those events as a backup to the enable/disable events, but they haven't been needed for over a year.

Comment

jeogr,
      thanks for the feedback. how long after AC failure do you 'disable interface'?
      i have a usb connected device that tells me when power is lost, but I may be waiting too long to initiate the 'disable interface'
      also, after power loss, I am getting the following:

Jul-21 14:56:00 Insteon The serial port driver does not support the recovery process.
      Jul-21 14:56:00 Insteon Attempting to restart the port and Interface...
      Jul-21 14:56:00 Insteon ..Error: Could not open COM6 - Access to the port 'COM6' is denied.

once that happens, the ballgame is over and no recovery is possible and I don't know how to get around this....

Comment

Within seconds. Which version driver do you have. I have 2.8.30.0. This is on 32 bit Windows XP, which may be a factor too.

Comment

If you are referring to the FTDI drivers, I'm running 2.12.0.0. on a win8.1 laptop.

I am curious as to how many PLM's are in use with the plug-in. Am I one in a few, or many, many users who either don't have any problems, or haven't really tested the power loss condition?
          Last edited by field888; July 22, 2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X