This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon 2420M Motion Sensors

I have a few of Insteon 2420's and I recently moved to HS3, and while I can discover the devices, I can't seem to get them to report on the Battery Status/Level... has anyone had the same experience or is there is version of 2420 that does work, or Mark does your Plugin support this function, etc?

Greg

what fw ver are the various MSs? please list all.

there seems to be a programming issue with the latest that are fw 44. haven't heard about any issues with battery level reporting. this should just be a async msg sent by the ms back to hs.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark

I have 3
      FW24
      FW41
      FW34

Greg

Comment

put them in linking mode and use the "program device for homeseer' function.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Insteon 2420M Motion Sensors

Nothing... Still no change. I even tried to delete and re-add one of them, but nothing so far.

Device Link Table

Link #4 Battery Level has local control reporting to HomeSeer
          Link #2 Dusk/Dawn Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer
          Link #3 Low Battery Warning has local control reporting to HomeSeer
          Link #1 Occupancy Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer

Custom Settings (* indicates default setting)

LED Brightness
          Timeout (secs)
          Sensitivity
          Current Light Level
          Current Battery Level (V) (THIS IS WHAT IS INTERESTING.. 8.9) I changed the battery and relinked the device and it shows the sam 8.9 -- not sure what that means, but

Operating Flags (* indicates default setting) I left these as default as well

Send On Only
          Night Only
          LED
          Occupancy Mode

Comment

the battery level (voltage) is only updated when the settings are read.

the low battery warning will update around 6.5V or so via the async msg i mentioned earlier.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So to be clear... I won't actually get a reading of the battery level, say 63%... there will only be a change to the Low Warning once the battery level dips below a threshold of 6.5?

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregHoog View Post
                So to be clear... I won't actually get a reading of the battery level, say 63%... there will only be a change to the Low Warning once the battery level dips below a threshold of 6.5?

Greg
                there is definitely no percentage value. its a voltage reading but it must be read, its not sent automatically.

the low battery warning trips around 6.5V but it various.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X