This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Second Delay

How can I set up an event with conditions "device on or off" but I need it to wait 30 seconds before checking the condition? The event is triggered from Insteon Door Sensor

You can trigger a delayed event that checks the condition.

Comment

Thanks. That I know and the condition is already setup. My question is how do I make the event wait 30 sec. before checking the condition?

Comment

you probably need two events. one to start an event with a 30sec delay after the On or Off, then a second action to call the second event with the condition you want to check.

you might get other suggestions in the hs general forum.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          you probably need two events. one to start an event with a 30sec delay after the On or Off, then a second action to call the second event with the condition you want to check.

you might get other suggestions in the hs general forum.
          I thought about that solution as well, but correct me if I'm wrong, when you tell an event to run another event, does it not bypass the conditions on the second event and just run the actions?
          Mike

Comment

In HS3 there is an advanced option (click airplane) to display the option which requires the conditions to be tested before the second event runs. check the box!
            Last edited by mnsandler; August 9, 2015, 08:19 AM.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

if this doesn't do it, please explain what you are trying to do; there is probably another way
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                In HS3 there is an advanced option (click airplane) to display the option which requires the conditions to be try before the second event runs. check the box!
                Well OK! I never knew that was there! (actually I never had a need to run an event from an event in HS3 before , very useful!)
                Mike

Comment

That might work, but I am still on 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by rmuziani View Post
                    post your question in the hs2 forum and see what you get back
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by rmuziani View Post
                      It's the same thing. Create an event that is manual with conditions. Then do run event with 30 second delay from the first event. Switch to advanced view if that is not already selected, then put a check in the box for "<input class="formcheckbox" checked="" value="TRUE" name="evCheckConditions" type="checkbox"> Run Only If Conditions are TRUE (Applies to all RUN EVENT actions in this event.)"

Comment

Working...
                      X