This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange behavior with HS3 & Insteon

I finally got time to move everything over to the new Hometroller and HS3. A while back my old Hometroller died and I was just running the system using the links in the devices - no central control at all. Everything ran fine. Since I've started using the new Hometroller with HS3, I've been having quite a few problems.

I've attached the Insteon error log as a zip file.

System:
    Hometroller Pro 6
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.194 (Windows)
    Insteon plugin 3.0.5.20
    Only non default setting: KPLGroupLinks=False
    HSTouch Server 3.0.0.69

Symptoms:

After pressing a button on a KPL the backlight starts to flicker. Briefly pulling out the tab stops this. It's inconsistent whether the button action occurs or not.

Linked buttons not performing their action. For example, I have 1 SwitchLinc and 1 button on 2 KPLs cross linked (Sharon's Office Light, KPL by Hall Button C, KPL by MBR Button C). The SwitchLinc controls the load. If I press the button on one KPL it works as expected. If I press it on the other KPL it does not (SwitchLinc isn't turned on/off and button backlight doesn't change state). Usually the backlight on the KPL starts flickering as above.

HSTouch for Android - It populates with the devices but doesn't turn devices on/off when pressing button in HSTouch.

When I VPNed to the HomeTroller, there was a Chrome window open with an error message from the Insteon plugin. I think the error at the top of the log is what it was displaying.

I don't know if this is enough information. Let me know if there's something more I can give you.

Thanks,
    Panagiotis
    Attached Files

I wanted to add that all the devices were functioning normally after the old Hometroller died and there was no central control. Buttons did what they were supposed to do. It was only after setting up the new Hometroller and HS3 and Insteon plugin that this started.

Since I wasn't able to recover the Insteon configuration files from the old Hometroller, I started from scratch. I wiped the PLM and added devices anew. The devices that I haven't added (most of them since I noticed this problem behavior) still function correctly according to the links stored in them. BTW all of those links were created with HS2 and the Insteon plugin - not from the devices themselves. It's only the devices that I have added to the Insteon plugin in HS3 that are behaving erratically.

Could it have anything to do with the KPLGroupLinks=False setting? I used that because I was running out of links before. On the old HS2 setup I did not have this set.

On the devices that I HAVE added to HS3, all links were removed and then new ones made through the plugin.

Comment

Could it have anything to do with the KPLGroupLinks=False setting?
      Yes, this setting is universal for all KPLs. you should delete, factory reset all KPLs and then register them with the plugin.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        Yes, this setting is universal for all KPLs. you should delete, factory reset all KPLs and then register them with the plugin.
        I did this. Reset the PLM first then each KPL and SwitchLinc as added. I was wondering if that setting could be the reason for the behavior. It's the only thing I had different from the process in HS3 vs HS2.

Comment

i use this setting for my hs3 setup and haven't experienced these issues.

did you also start with a blank insteon.ini?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, the HS3 on the HomeTroller was a completely virgin install.

Comment

as a test, can you remove the "KPLGroupLinks=False" from the ini. and try registering a KPL and see how it behaves. you should see an extra link being created for each kpl btn.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, I'll do that tonight.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X