This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot change KPL status text without breaking functionality

A KPL button is used to indicate whether a garage door is open. I changed the status text so that 0 says Closed and 100 says Open. I also changed the graphics so it uses the garage open/closed icons. I left the control use option as on/off.

Now, however, when the door opens or closes, the status (at least in HS; I didn't check the physical button status) won't change. The log says it is setting it to 0 or 100, but device management still shows the previous value, and the Advanced tab of the device still shows the previous value. If I set it directly in device management, it still won't change. If I change status text back to On and Off, it works again.

Why is changing status text for a KPL button affecting the functionality?

Scott

can you post a screen shot of the tab where you made these changes
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I changed it in device properties of HS, not the plugin. So I didn't know if it was an HS or plugin issue. I figure I'd start with you because your replies are always so prompt.

Scott
      Attached Files

Comment

The short is for right now, you can't change status values, if there is a UI button associated with that same status value. Typically all on the On & Off statuses. I believe i mentioned this as a limitation when i posted the version that allows you to change status values.

the plugin creates, controls, and uses the "On" & "Off" values to determine control via the UI btns. So when you change the status values, it also changes the btn names. so now the plugin doesn't recognize On & Off.

I haven't figured out how to allow you to change the on & off standard values and still make everything work.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Oh yeah, that's where I remember reading something about it. I had even typed in the original post that I thought I remembered reading something about On/Off and status text, but I deleted it before posting because I didn't want to muddy the question since I couldn't remember for sure. So, yes, you did say that, and I forgot about it. I'll just make do. Thanks for letting me know.

Scott

Comment

Scott,

I may have found a very simple solution; it came to me at 2:00am last night. do you have some time to test a version if i post it here?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sure. I am working from home today so can test at any time. I am traveling tomorrow morning through next Thursday, so if you won't have something ready today, it will have to wait until late next week, which is fine with me (so no rush from you).

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbueffel View Post
                Sure. I am working from home today so can test at any time. I am traveling tomorrow morning through next Thursday, so if you won't have something ready today, it will have to wait until late next week, which is fine with me (so no rush from you).

Scott
                Thanks. I think I'll wait until next week then. That will give me a little more time to test on my end. I have to make sure this doesn't break other on/off devices that aren't switches or kpl btns.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X