X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon devices missing from plug-in

Mark I am at a loss as to what is going wrong

This started last week when HS3 log showed startIndex Error .

I chose to upgrade to version 206 after copying backup files and restarting insteon plugin 50% fo the insteon devices were missing. I spent several hours adding them back and fixing the events they were used in.

The computer auto boots at 1 am and restarts HS3. This restart failed so it's another problem I need to trouble shoot... Here's my surprise when I enabled the Insteon plugin every device except one was gone . This is probably the 4th time I have experienced a loss of the devices. Can you shed any light on this subject?

sounds like your insteon.ini is getting corrupted. you should be able to restore you homeseer database and insteon.ini and return everything to that state

the plugin will delete hs devices related to insteon if they do not exist in the insteon.ini when hs starts. you should see log entries for this.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark thanks.

I restored an older copy of the "HS3/config/Insteon.ini" file most of the devices were recovered I'm still missing about 17 devices but that is much easier to put them back than starting over.

When I create new events what file is that stored in?

Comment

registered devices are stored in the insteon.ini.

if the 17 devices aren't in the insteon.ini then they won't be recreated and you will need to re-register them. please check the ini for the missing devices.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X