Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling Dimming on an Insteon Dimmer Switch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling Dimming on an Insteon Dimmer Switch?

I've been upgrading some of my recessed lighting to Philips Hue lights. Unfortunately, these LEDs do not work well with a dimmer, but I had already previously installed Insteon SwitchLinc dimmers throughout the home.

Is there a way to disable the dimmer functionality of these dimmers so that they act like an Insteon SwitchLinc On/Off switch? Or make it behave like an on/off switch with no ramping (immediate full power or none), and maybe disable to dimming capabilities so someone can't accidentally active the dimmer by holding the switch too long.

sorry, its not possible. that would be firmware feature which doesn't exist.

Swap the bulbs...there are plenty of dimmable LEDs on the market.

I use Feit dimmable LEDs and they work quite well.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      ...Swap the bulbs...there are plenty of dimmable LEDs on the market.

I use Feit dimmable LEDs and they work quite well.
      Yes, but those are only white and don't change colors.

In an ideal world, I would like to have bulbs that are white during the day, but turn red after a specific time (for night use, to reduce the disruption of sleep patterns). Unfortunately, the HUE bulbs don't fit the fixtures that I would need them in.

Comment

Does a fast on command work? Double tap the on button and see if it comes on. If so, you might be able to switch the ramp rate to .1 second.

Comment

the double-tap will work but doesn't prevent a user from using the ramp feature.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X