This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon old issues resurfacing

hi Mark ! ( Or anyone that has any clue on the following issues )

After many years of loyal service from the Insteon PLM plugin, we have resolved many bugs and issues that were in most case HS related or simply bad programmation from us. Here are 2 issues that I am still experiencing on 2 different systems, both of them running latest versions of HS2 with latest Insteon PLM plugin.

- I know this has been discussed b4 but for some reason, I have some insteon devices not reporting their button statuses to HS when others in the same network do report flawlessly. One of them in this case is a dualband keypad from recent revision and other is a switchlinc 2477D about a year old.
    I tried resetting devices and reprogramming from insteon plugin and I used the "program for homeseer" option many times without success. Homeseer can send command to these devices without any problem and signal quality is at 97%. The response is also immediate when sending commands from HS so I really doubt it's signal related. Is there anything I should check in the INI file to fix this ?

- This second issue is actually a question : Is it normal that Insteon group in HS respond to the command I send ( ex : ON ) with all the devices selected for it instead of actually using the specified status in the group itself ? What I mean is, if I send an ON command to a group, it will send an ON to all devices in this group even if some of them have an OFF or dim level specified. Same goes for OFF commands.
    How can I trigger a group to follow the exact status selected in the group management page and what am I doing wrong if so ?

Thx guys, Im sure these are very minor fixes.
    Long live Domotique ! ( Home automation in french )

I've had that problem before, and it turns out that links were missing from the PLM itself. If so, reprogram interface should resolve it. However, I've seen a couple of times now that when a PLM does this, it just gets worse and worse until it fails completely.

One way to see if this is the problem is to turn detailed logging on. Now press the switch in question and see if a message from its ID shows up in the raw data being logged. If it does, then the PLM has lost the link for the device and that's why it's not updating the HomeSeer device.

As for the group thing, I have found that keypadlinc buttons always follow the command (on or off), and not what they are set to do in the group set up.

Comment

Working...
    X