Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can light scenes have dimming capabilities in HsTouch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can light scenes have dimming capabilities in HsTouch?

I'm new so I don't know if my terminology is correct. All my devices are found and functional in homeseer. In my master bedroom I have a switch that actually controls the light load. I created a virtual 3-way switch on the other side of the room with another dimmer. I then created a scene such that when either switch is dimmed, the other paddle knows/displays the current lighting level on the dimmer.

Using HsTouch, I wanted to clean up/hide duplicate entries that control the lighting(the actual load bearing dimmer, the connected 3-way, and the scene for them).

Here's my issue...I have to remove the two individual dimmer entries since using either one on HsTouch doesn't change the state of the other dimmer since it doesn't use the connecting scene. Well, using the scene, I can't seem to dim the lights. Only on or off. I tried to enter a range/slider on the scene entry in homeseer, but I couldn't get it to work. What else can I try to use a scene that correctly disperses light status to all connected dimmers and still be able to dim? Thanks.

Very interested to see what the Masters will share

Comment

Very interested to see what the Masters will share. I was thinking of a similar topic

Comment

You don't need an event for this, the functionality is built into the plugin Go into the Manage Devices page, click on each of the devices that you want to group, and select "sync linked responder devices".

I have 3 dimmerlincs controlling lamps in my living room. I only have the first one setup in my HStouch project. When I control it the other 2 update as well.

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
          You don't need an event for this, the functionality is built into the plugin Go into the Manage Devices page, click on each of the devices that you want to group, and select "sync linked responder devices".

I have 3 dimmerlincs controlling lamps in my living room. I only have the first one setup in my HStouch project. When I control it the other 2 update as well.
          Yes, please try this solution. You don't need a group for this
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X