This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unreferenced group number

I've been doing an overhaul to the system at my parent's house and so far has been going very smoothly. I do have one ICON dimmer that's giving me odd results. When I look at the links, I'm seeing the following

Device Link Table

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD>Link #1</TD> <TD>Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #2</TD> <TD>Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #1 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD>Link #3</TD> <TD>Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

this is Mark's insteon plugin version 3.0.5.51 HS 3.0.0.208 Interface is a hub 2. Device is an ICON Dimmer, FW 27, Protocol i1

I have tried defaulting the switch and reprogramming a few times, but it seems to keep coming back with this unreferenced group.

Jon,
    if you registered the icon device via the hub insteon app, then ithe hub may have created this link. just ignore it in HS.

the plugin is not going to attempt to resolve any links created from other applications.

if not of this is the case, just delete the link; its not required
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Jon,
      if you registered the icon device via the hub insteon app, then ithe hub may have created this link. just ignore it in HS.

the plugin is not going to attempt to resolve any links created from other applications.

if not of this is the case, just delete the link; its not required
      we haven't used the hub app for anything except initial hub config. This came from the plugin.

The reason it caught my eye is that there's no hub group 0 link like all the other devices that the plugin has added.

Comment

group #0 links aren't required with i1 devices.

maybe its left over from a plugin group that got deleted or doesn't exist anymore.

either way, just delete it.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Another thing I found is the default on rate is not setting on an I1 Switchlinc

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Another thing I found is the default on rate is not setting on an I1 Switchlinc

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            as i recall with i1 devices, after you program the setting, you actually have to power cycle the switch to get the setting to take effect.

just pull the set button, and then push i back into normal position.

i'll add this note to the results of the programming for ramp rate and on level for i1 switches.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X