This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joegr View Post
    The new PLM is here and it is version 2.1 I ordered from Amazon (lower price and free shipping).

Anyway, I think that the last time I replaced a PLM, I got all my RF devices together and pressed the linking button on each when the first failed message came up for each one. That worked out okay, however, I think I read that now the RF devices are skipped. Is this true? Do I manually program each one for HomeSeer and then edit and delete the old PLM links? Or, is there another process?

Thanks,
    v2.1 very interesting.

the swap routine should stop at any battery powered RF device and ask you to to put the device into linking mode and then click a Continue button.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      v2.1 very interesting.

the swap routine should stop at any battery powered RF device and ask you to to put the device into linking mode and then click a Continue button.
      That sounds prefect. I'll try it tonight if I can.
      Thanks,

Comment

Okay, it's in now and things went pretty well.
        First of all, communication is better than it ever was. Most devices are now all 1 hop, with 3 hops happening just one time out of four for only one or two devices each time. No failures. Before, it many of them were mostly two hop and three hops.
        The PLM is verson 2.1, firmware 9E.

I had to restart HomeSeer2 after setting the new com port for the new PLM. It said in the log " ~!~Insteon~!~RF PLM contacted on COM12 with an Insteon address of 39.54.E3 and firmware version 9E" after I changed the com port and hit save, but on the Insteon page it still said no interface, till I restarted HomeSeer.
        All but four devices reprogrammed correctly. Two were RF devices that were easy enough to fix. One was a keypadlinc. The log said "Unknown protocol for device 45" It is my newest keypadlinc, Device Type: Dual-Band KeypadLinc Dimmer Firmware Version: 43. It wasn't too bad to fix, but I had to go to each of the groups that it was in and do "reprogram group." The other failure was my fanlinc. It was easy enough to fix too.

Comment

thanks for reporting back.

only 4 fails out of 45 - not bad. this routine is never going to be 100% - just too much going on.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            thanks for reporting back.

only 4 fails out of 45 - not bad. this routine is never going to be 100% - just too much going on.
            I understand and agree.
            Thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X