This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting LED brightness level on dimmers

I could use some direction on setting the LED brightness on dimmer (want to dim it out at night). Here is what I am doing :

Jan-17 10:47:33 AM Error Running script(2) &hs.plugin("Insteon").setdevicesetting "3C.D8.BC:1","LED Brightness","0", init error: Syntax error
    Jan-17 10:47:33 AM Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.plugin("Insteon").setdevicesetting "3C.D8.BC:1","LED Brightness","0"
    Jan-17 10:47:33 AM Event Event Trigger "Test Control LED Brightness"

Not sure of the correct hs.plugin syntax in HS3 and can't seem to suss it out.

Any direction or script snippet would be greatly appreciated

Chris

here is a sample of getting the current light level. the syntax is about the same for using the "setdevicesetting" minus the assignment of a return value.

Sub Main(parm as object)

Dim LightlevelStatus As Integer
    LightlevelStatus = hs.pluginFunction("Insteon","","getdevicesetting", new object(){14.1A.AF","Current Light Level"})

End Sub
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you!

Here is what worked :

Sub Main(parm as object)
      hs.pluginFunction("Insteon","","SetDeviceSetting", new object(){"3C.D8.BC","LED Brightness","20"})
      End Sub

Chris

Comment

glad you got it working
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sharing

Dcdelong if you don't mind would you post your script on how you did this . I like the idea of dimming the switch LED brightness at night..

Devoir
          Last edited by devoir; February 3, 2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
            Dcdelong if you don't mind would you post your script on how you did this . I like the idea of dimming the switch LED brightness at night..Devoir
            Simple script line here :

Sub Main(parm as object)
            'hs.pluginFunction("Insteon","","SetDeviceSetting", new object(){"3C.D8.BC","LED Brightness","0"})
            hs.pluginFunction("Insteon","","SetDeviceOpFlag", new object(){"3C.D8.BC","LED","Off"})
            End Sub

The first line dims to lowest (can still see), the second turns completely off.

I have a more complicated script that leverages the notion by spinning through all the devices and taking mass action. But this is where the heavy lifting is done. It is the test script I used to figure it out.

Chris

Comment

Thanks for Sharing

Dcdelong

I appreciate you sharing I certainly will try the script this weekend... I want to lower the led indicator lights in the evening....

It's amazing how much light they give off especially if you live in the country where there isn't ambient city lights or neighbors flood lights shining in your house...

Devoir

Comment

Working...
              X