This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch with Insteon Devices

I realize that I am going to have to change my device references on my existing HS2 projects. I started to try to manually update a few buttons and am seeing some other issues...
    1. If I just correct the control device and leave it on Toggle On/Off, it doesn't work. I have to change Toggle On/Off to something else and then back.
    2. All of my buttons are implemented with status tracking images to show the correct button image for on/off/dim. It seems that Dim is not working. If I look at the options, there is only dim 1% through dim 99%. I cannot create realistically go in there and define and define 99 images to handle the dim state. Anyone have an idea on how to work this, practically?
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

#1 I have solved. It is not enough to just update the button with the new reference to the device that you have to change. You also need to change the action from Toggle to something else and the back. It stores this action differently now -- as numeric instead of a string.

#2 I would still look for any advice on this. I can't believe that nobody would have ran into this issue or maybe there is an easy solution I'm not thinking of. I have a button that uses status images to show a different button image for on, off, and dim. Dim is no longer found so if it is dim it just reverts back to the status image from HS. I can't see myself adding 100 dim status images to each button on all of my projects/screens. This is probably a show-stopper for me. It looks hideous with a combination of my buttons and the default images.

I don't know if the 99 dim statuses is a result of homeseer or the plugin, but it makes it hard to work with in my scenario. If I remember correctly, in HS2, there was a single dim status and the separate data element to hold the dim level. I could show these three states in the button. I also had the option to display the numeric dim level in the slider if I wanted to.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Actually, very strange. At least for the moment the Dim status is working on the android client. It doesn't work on the windows client. All I can think of is that the android version is just checking that the status contains the word Dim. Not really sure.
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
      X