This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually Poll iMeter

I have an electric fireplace that I control via IR. It doesn't have discrete on/off. So, I have an iMeter Solo attached that allows me to have feedback on if it is on or off. I have some events that look at the power consumed to make sure it is displaying status correctly and only toggling power when it is correct.

I do have some automatic polling for the the iMeter, but didn't want to make it too frequent. So in my events, when I toggle the power for the fireplace, I had been doing a poll soon afterwards. That allowed the device status to be updated on my UI quickly and not wait for the next automatic poll period.

From what I have read, it seems that there is no longer the equivalent of hs.PollDevice that I had been using in HS2. I read that there is a z-wave event action to do this, but I don't see the same for Insteon. Is there any way that I can do this? I don't care if it is event action or script.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

there is still a polldevice public method but it returns a structure. you will need to call it with the hs.pluginfunction method

PollDevice(ByVal dvref As Integer) As IPlugInAPI.PollResultInfo
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks, Mark. I didn't know that one existed. I had been using the general one that was part of HS2. In case others run across this thread, here is the syntax of the call as it needs to go into an event...

Code:
      &nhs.PluginFunction("Insteon", "", "PollDevice", new Object(){663})
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
      X