Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sold on the generator results, but was quicker than finding someone else's 110VAC.

I'm now of the opinion that I'm experiencing a self-inflected injury. By moving my PLM to another circuit I've been able to achieve PI stability and control of at least some of my devices. I didn't change anything, but it appears that the problem is very local.

(It's Super Bowl Sunday with family over, so my testing today is limited).

The PLM is normally on the same circuit as my office/lab -- which has a UPS with several power strips and lots of electronics. The PLM is direct to the wall (or now, off of a simple extension cord), but is on the same circuit.

Tomorrow I will begin to dismantle my office (electrically) to see where/if the problem originates. If that fails to identify a culprit I'll move to the breaker box.

I do have two X10 filters (somewhere??) that I'll use once I find the problem.

I'd love a tester, but need to budget in my Home Control allowance.

Stay tuned, and thanks for all the help.

Comment

If your PLM is plugged into the same circuit as the rest of the office electronics, you are pretty much guaranteed to have powerline signal problems. The computers, printers, etc suck up the entire signal before it even leaves the room. Find your X10 filter and plug everything in the office into it, except any Insteon devices. You'll have a good start to a reliable system.

Comment

Fixed!

Problem solved...thanks to help from my friends (you guys).

I went sorting through my box of old X10 devices and found a filter (thought I had two) and TesterLinc.

I found the other filter already in use in front of my office UPS. But, tester showed a lot of noise on the circuit.

Turns out that an old, unfiltered monitor/power supply on my test bench was the culprit. Unplugged it and the noise went to zero.

I'm back and running, better than ever. I guess I now have a spare 2413U.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Comment

glad you got it working.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X