X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramp rate not changing on switch

Mark,

I recently created an even to change the ramp rate at a certain time of the night so that my wife wasn't blinded by the bathroom light in the middle of the night. Well, it didn't work.

The device states its set to the ramp rate and on level, but when controlled from the switch its not doing as it should. (still 100% @ .1 sec). I read the device links and setttings to see if something was up, and it still came back with the settings I had it set from the event, but still not working at the switch itself.

please try your event actions on another switch and see what you get

also what is the fw ver of the switch in question?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Device Type: RF 2-Wire SwitchLinc Dimmer
      Firmware Version: 42

Tried on another switch, same firmware and same results.

Comment

for grins can you pull the set btn on the switch, then put it back to normal position (this just power cycles the switch).

then at the switch, manually test the new on-level setting and see how the switch responds.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Still the same

Comment

i just tried my beta unit and am getting the same results.

the documentation must be wrong because i am setting and getting the values according to the dev notes but obivously its not affecting the switch.

http://cache.insteon.com/developer/2...-042012-en.pdf

i even set the on level manually with the set btn to a few different levels and read the settings, and the new levels aren't being read back.

so the problem is I don't know where these settings are stored; thus i can't fix it.

SH has been no help to me lately so if you can figure anything out based on the changes you see in the msgs in the log that would be helpful.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

as i suspected, the docs are wrong. i'm now able to set the on level and ramp rate as expected. I'm going to put the update in the Beta section of the Updater. it will be ver 3.0.5.66. i'll post back here when its available.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark... I once it's fixed and I can create an event to run at certain times of the night... My wife will be really pleased when she's not blinded going to the bathroom LOL

Comment

Originally posted by cpd5899 View Post
                  Thanks Mark... I once it's fixed and I can create an event to run at certain times of the night... My wife will be really pleased when she's not blinded going to the bathroom LOL
                  please goto the updater and look at the Beta section at the bottom. you will find BETA 3.0.5.66. update to that and then retry programming the switch.

please report back any issues with the beta updater or new version
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It worked correctly!!!! Now just need to run an event which will be done later (dinner time now). If that too works. Then PERFECT!

Thanks again Mark for getting right to these last two issues I've had!!!

Comment

Glad it's working
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So, last night i created event to change the ramp rate and on value at certain times. It worked!!!!

Now my only issue and I don't think its with the plugin is, when changing the on value, on two switchlinc's that are being used as a three way switch, when using the off load swtich, it just turns on the other switch at 100%.

I know the KPL that is associated with them will because the link is set to "on @ .1 sec" but I am not sure why, if i hold the up button to dim up, they work great, but if I have both set at 20% on, it sets the load switch to 100%. if controlled via HS3, it was as intended. Any suggestions?

Comment

can you post the links for the switches in the 3-way setup. please highlight the links that control each other
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

When you have a chance, can you update to .67 in the Updater under the beta section. I made a programming change that affects the 2-wire device. I tested it on mine but we have units with different fw vers.

the change affects the reading/writing of settings (specifically on level).
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok, so i ran the update, restarted HS3, and checked the switches again. Still when I turn on switch #1, the switch reads 20%, but the responder switch #2 (load switch) goes to 100%.

If I use the KPL to turn on the lights, they go to 100%

here are the links for the devices along with the event i run. On the two switches I have highlighted the links for the switches, not including the KPL

One note: when I control switch 1 via HS3 or HST, the devices work as expected and correctly. Just when controlling manually.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X