This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use Hub Pro 2243-222 with HS3?

The Insteon hub pro mobile app is so much better looking... that's the only reason I want to use it. THe HS3 app is just too plain and takes too many steps to get to a device.

Can I replace my USB PLM with the Insteon Hub Pro 2243-222 ? or use them all together?

Some of you guys use the Hub pro + HS3, I'm wondering what's the reason?

I use the v1 Hub 2242-222 simply as a PLM, nothing more. It works great with mnsandler's excellent Insteon Plugin.

However, this configuration is used to give HS3 control over those Insteon devices. Only one controller can be used at a time. The devices cannot be controlled by the Insteon Hub and HS3 simultaneously. That being said, most users have the desire for a single mobile app to control everything, not one for each protocol or company. (The Insteon App can't control Z-Wave or any other non-Insteon devices.)

There are other options if you do not prefer HSTouch or the HST Designer. Spud is working on a great Imperihome Plugin currently, I suggest you check that out. It all depends on how much customization you prefer.

The most recent compatibility that I am aware of is listed here. So I don't believe that the 2243-222 is supported.

Comment

Ah, so getting a hub is meaningless. I'm currently running the USB PLM.

My goal is to have a rather simplified and modern mobile app interface, all i really use on my phone is just a few devices out of the 50+.

I'll check out Imperihome.

Thanks

Comment

Just a thought, if you have issues with your PLM down the road, I would suggest the v1 hub as a replacement. They are cheap on ebay, more stable and reliable than the smart home PLM (that some people see lasting only 2 years or less) and supported well. Cheers!

Comment

for the record, SH is now shipping a V2.1 PLM that is more reliable (better hw components). If you have a V1.x PLM, the V2.x might be worth a try
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X