This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ensure decide actions are taken

Does the plugin follow up to make sure the device status changes? I'm troubleshooting what may be a coincidence where scheduled events are not occurring (day / night routine) which may just have been the timing of me working on the network but it did get me thinking (using the hub v1)

for hs3 with the latest plugin, the device status changes after the plugin receives the ACK from the device. Otherwise the device status should change to Unknown.

but in general the plugin is not responsible for running events; that is a function of hs itself. the plugin just fires the triggers and runs the actions based on hs3 calls
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Oh ok so my event is running but the devices aren't turning on or off. I can look more in depth on the logs. But in general if the plugin can't talk to the hub and connectivity is restored will it queue up and run the devices changes that it can't make? Like in the case of my router restarting or going down then coming back up.

Thanks in advance I'm more accustomed to using a plm and never had to deal with these scenarios.

Comment

the plugin does use a queue to manage typically outbound msgs. however the plugin does not re-queue the cmd if it fails after the number of user retries set on the config page.

in general if there are problems with the plugin communicating with the interface (hub or plm) after 10 failed attempts, the plugin will shut itself down. It doesn't make sense for the plugin to continue to try forever (ie in the case of a power failure)

the 10 fail count is user configurable. see the following documentation thread

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291

and search for FailMargin

Note: if you see this msg in the log, "Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...", the plugin will re-queue the cmd and retry if the comm can be reestablished within 2 minutes
        Last edited by mnsandler; March 2, 2016, 12:23 PM. Reason: added Note
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Is there any way to know when the interface comes back up? I can set the routine as tied to a virtual device so an event could be triggered and run the corresponding routine.

Comment

yes, there are interface triggers under the Insteon Special triggers:
            Interface Stops Responding - initial sign of trouble
            Interface Crashes - the plugin will shut down; use this to trigger a reboot event
            Interface Recovers - everything is back to normal after an issue.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X